140 vs 147 ELDM

kickemall

I'm looking to shoot some ELDM factory loaded ammo in my 6.5 Creedmoor. I'm able to find the 140s easier than the 147s and was wondering if anyone has noticed a difference or if its individual gun preference? I have seen a few posts on other forums about the 147s performing better.

I think the 140s are the sweet spot for the Creedmoor. I'd buy what you can and just shoot. Personally have had better accuracy hand loading 147s vs factory 147s. The 140s have shot extremely well in 4 barrels for me.

I'm looking to shoot some ELDM factory loaded ammo in my 6.5 Creedmoor. I'm able to find the 140s easier than the 147s and was wondering if anyone has noticed a difference or if its individual gun preference? I have seen a few posts on other forums about the 147s performing better.
The 140s have performed better in my 6.5 rifles a bit better than the 147s. I don't own a CM but the 140s shoot better for me. The ballistics aren't quite as good as the 147s but not enough difference to stay with the less accurate 147. This is my experience. Others I've heard had great accuracy with the 147s

I'm impressed you're able to find 140 eldms! I've found a few boxes of 143 eldx but I haven't seen an eldm in months.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.