129 SST in 6.5 Creedmoore

from my limited experience with 6.5 creedmore and fair amount of experience using the SST in .30:

Castle_Bravo_005.jpg

I have a friend that uses it in his 260 Rem and it works superb. He has used it since it came out and it is untold how many deer he and his grandson have killed with it. I am sure that it is well over 100. He uses a bit more H4350 than most manuals call for but it is safe in his rifle which is one of the first Rem 700 Stainless 24" barrel 260s to be made. My hunting buddy first had this rifle and we did the load work up together using cases made from 243 Win because when he got this rifle there were no factory cases or ammo to be found. There was no loading data either so we treated it like a wildcat and found what worked. My buddy and I were doing crop damage deer control work at that time and between us we killed 50 deer from point blank to around 500 yards using 120 and 140 Sierra game bullets with H4350 and we only had one deer take a step after being hit and it only went three jumps. The friend that owns the rifle now offered my hunting buddy an insane price for it so he let him have it. It has been my experience that most any of the hunting 120 to 140 gr .264 bullets just plain kill deer dead right now. :D I mainly have used 120 Nosler BT and Sierra, 130 Accubonds, 140 Sierra and Hornady Interlocks in my 6.5x55 and 264 Win mag and they all are great.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.