124gr hammer real BC

snox801

Alright as stated what's everyone running for real bc numbers for the 124gr hammer hunters? Steve gave me what they run at elevation. Just wondering what everyone is coming up with. Not sure How much it will effect me being a bit off at 5-600 yards and that's pushing it for now. Gonna finish my final load work late spring when weather is warmer so I don't have any surprises when It gets warm. Thanks

If there is a consensus that is diff than What we came up with we will change it. Most of our shooting of this bullet was done with a 8.5" twist in a 6.5-06 at about 3150fps.

Like I said I have not been able to go to distance yet. Just wondering if Anyone had any 6.5 creed 1/8 twist data that differs from yours. I'm hoping yours is spot on but the more info we gather the better.
I'll be gathering speeds this week and running your bc provided and running them out to 400. I'm hoping they are spot on out to 5-600 yards that would make life easy. Wish I had more distance to test myself. Just to double check.
Steve does the bc change with elevation or is that being plugged into you app? That way it would adjust per app for my elevation.

I don't think it changes with elevation in current apps.

@bigngreen shoot that bullet a fair amount with hi dad's rifle he might come in with what they used.

Cool I'm sure it will he spot on for the ranges I need for now. Hopefully gather speeds this week and run them out. Then off to Texas for a audad. That will hopefully be under 400 yards but pigs will get it as far as I can stretch this little guy.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts