Yote Down! 1100 plus

That is really quite an accomplishment Broz. Impressive. Such a small target at such a long distance. One shot.

That is really quite an accomplishment Broz. Impressive. Such a small target at such a long distance. One shot.

Thanks Paul, I have put many of these 300's down range documenting actual drops and fine tuning my program so I could be on for the first one. I dream of taking a yote at a mile :rolleyes: ....maybe one day when the conditions are right and all the stars align.:)

Jeff gun)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very Nice job Jeff. End of your dry spell?

Called in 4 yesterday but could not get a shot. Then made 2 stands today with nothing. I am headin out early in the am to a spot way back in where they have not been called. It is on private and last time there 6 were spotted while deer hunting. So tonight I have hopes of some closer encounters tomorrow. But the long pokes are the most fun for me.

Jeff

You are the man! That's just awesome.

Them critters are pretty small at that distance. :D

Very amazing shooting and ranging. Congrats!

Broz,

Will a Terrapin to that?

Roy, all indications I have heard say yes, but I have not had the pleasure to test one yet. The beam of a terripin is about the same size as a PLRF10, I tink it is actually .1 mil shorter and a little wider. If I remember right. It has the power as readings of 4000 havebeen reported. But there has to be a reason it is 2K and the 10 is 4K I just havent figured it out yet.

Jeff

You are the man! That's just awesome.

Them critters are pretty small at that distance. :D

Very amazing shooting and ranging. Congrats!

The shooting at 1126 yards is the easy part. I practice at well past that all the time and my first round hits are common. But getting a range on the yote alone is the key, a 25 yard mis range would be about 1 MOA of elevation. 6" on a yote is easily a miss. This is why I recommend that we all practice with our RF's as much as we do our rifles. They are equally important but often over looked.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. But I simply live in a place where I can practice alot, and I have the will to do so.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.