Black yote!!

Nice one! I was lucky enough to connect on a black yote this past fall during Florida's muzzleloading season. I'm going with this mount and I'll add a small quail at its feet.

Attachments

• FE00F4D6-D238-4E9B-B9BD-6B0BAAB3861C.jpeg
    FE00F4D6-D238-4E9B-B9BD-6B0BAAB3861C.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 95
I'm not sure the taxidermist is going to call back today. What's the best way to keep it fresh for mounting? It was in the 30s this morning so it cooled her down. I now have it in an ice chest with frozen water jugs around it. Will that last till tomorrow if I keep it cold? I'm scared to gut it or try and skin it because I know I'll screw it up. Thanks.

I'm not sure the taxidermist is going to call back today. What's the best way to keep it fresh for mounting? It was in the 30s this morning so it cooled her down. I now have it in an ice chest with frozen water jugs around it. Will that last till tomorrow if I keep it cold? I'm scared to gut it or try and skin it because I know I'll screw it up. Thanks.
My guy wants me to keep water away from the hide. The faster it can come off the better.

"In 2016 I was deer hunting in FL with a buddy and had one come by at about 200yds running through the timber. Could never get a clean shot so I passed."

For the record, there is no such thing as a bad shot at a coyote.
For the record your dead wrong buddy! The reason why they get smart and educated is because of that BS thinking. Anyone who thinks that way wasn't taught right from the beginning. Take a good shot and don't just spray and pray!!!😉

Congrats on the Charlie! Here is an example of an option for it.

Attachments

• 41DEB7DB-D64C-4E38-B9A4-060EBEC6D546.jpeg
    41DEB7DB-D64C-4E38-B9A4-060EBEC6D546.jpeg
    1,007.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
If you don't gut it and skin it out - turn it with the backside down and the belly up and stick in a freezer. FREEZE aSAP. Your Taxider is just going to freeze anyway. You need to get it frozen as soon as possible so the Hair doesn't start to SLIP. The reason to turn upside down is to not have the blood pool in the belly area where the skin is the thinnest.
Good luck and have a really good Tax do the mount. A full mount can look GREAT or like a cartoon character. Check out all the different positions. There are plenty on the internet.

I have rough skinned a few animals for people to get them mounted. It's an art and care should be taken so it's probably best left for the taxidermist. I left the feet and ears unskinned rolled the pelt up and put it in a plastic bag after pressing as much air out as I could, so it wouldn't freezer burn very fast, and put them in the freezer till the taxidermist could take them. The bellies will turn green and start slipping pretty fast especially if they have just eaten a big meal, getting them cooled down as soon as you can and keeping them cooled is important.