Black yote!!

Ross1147

So I first saw one of these online when I was part of a hunting forum in Maryland. Growing up in Cali predator hunting I saw my share of coyotes and thru were always the same color.

In 2014 I moved down to Florida and joined a lease in AL. The first summer I got a trail cam pic of a jet black yote with a white chest (first pic).

In 2016 I was deer hunting in FL with a buddy and had one come by at about 200yds running through the timber. Could never get a clean shot so I passed.

In 2018, same area, I had a pack of 5 yotes come running through the timber by my tree stand. I usually don't shoot yotes when deer hunting, but I couldn't pass up on a black one that was in the pack. As it came into a small clearing I touched one off. Shot felt good, but it was a clean miss. I was more distraught over that miss than I would have been over missing a big buck. Figured that was my one shot in life and I whiffed!

That leads me to today. Doing a morning sit in a food plot behind my house and what do you know! This little female comes trotting in! I laid a 530 grn subsonic smack down on her. I'm pumped. I know I'm getting a full body mount, but what pose do y'all think I should go with??
9E407401-E09E-4CC0-AACC-108B088B595F.jpeg

5A7376F9-EFC8-45FB-8721-7F18DAD17DC2.jpeg

FCE77453-7A86-41F2-988A-80687961E270.jpeg

So I first saw one of these online when I was part of a hunting forum in Maryland. Growing up in Cali predator hunting I saw my share of coyotes and thru were always the same color.

In 2014 I moved down to Florida and joined a lease in AL. The first summer I got a trail cam pic of a jet black yote with a white chest (first pic).

In 2016 I was deer hunting in FL with a buddy and had one come by at about 200yds running through the timber. Could never get a clean shot so I passed.

In 2018, same area, I had a pack of 5 yotes come running through the timber by my tree stand. I usually don't shoot yotes when deer hunting, but I couldn't pass up on a black one that was in the pack. As it came into a small clearing I touched one off. Shot felt good, but it was a clean miss. I was more distraught over that miss than I would have been over missing a big buck. Figured that was my one shot in life and I whiffed!

That leads me to today. Doing a morning sit in a food plot behind my house and what do you know! This little female comes trotting in! I laid a 530 grn subsonic smack down on her. I'm pumped. I know I'm getting a full body mount, but what pose do y'all think I should go with??
View attachment 433266
View attachment 433267
View attachment 433268
Nice!!! We have a few BLACK Yotes in our area. Have them on camera and just need to get out to hunt them.

My first wolf sighting of this year was a big black one, I've never seen a black coyote in person! I'd have it full mounted as well, melanistic yotes are pretty rare round these parts. I've seen some kewl mounts with their heads low in a sneak / crouch stance. Also, seen mounts of em standing on their hind legs peeking over prairie grass!!! Awesome yote bud!!!

I would have it mounted as well. I probably wouldnt pay 1k to have a regular coyote mounted. But a more rare black one i would. Did the 530 gr bullet tear her up pretty bad?