WY 2010 Deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by cahunter805, Oct 13, 2010.

1. cahunter805

cahunter805 Well-Known Member

Hey guys! Ended up taking this buck after watching him from over 1 mile eat and bed down for the day. He was with 2 other bucks all bedded deep in some brush. Made a stalk and ended up 150 yards away with no shot. Had to side hill about 30 yards before running out of cover. I ended up seeing just part of his antlers and half his face. Shot with a 243AI shooting 95gr VLD over 47gr RL22. This was my first experience with the VLD hunting and I have to say I am very impressed. The buck was DRT and never moved an inch from his bed. He is 26" wide and 19" tall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. justoutdoors

justoutdoors Member

Congratulations, He's a keeper!! Wyoming can sure produce some nice Deer.

3. DanMan

DanMan Well-Known Member

Alright! Nice kicker I see.:)

4. Ranger Jim

Ranger Jim Active Member

Nice buck, who says you need a large caliber for Mule Deer. Was this on public or private land ? Did you use a guide or hunt on your own ? Good looking country either way.

Ranger Jim

5. cahunter805

Thanks guys! Didnt even see the kicker til I got to him to start dragging. It was not a guided hunt but was a private/public land hunt. Yea my buddy was also impressed by how the lil 6mm bullets did. Also dropped a nice antelope DRT.

6. HUAINAMACHERO

HUAINAMACHERO Well-Known Member

Nice buck!!!
    Thanks for sharing.

7. efw

efw Well-Known Member

Nice buck. I'm turning green here. He's got some mass!

Thanks for sharing!

8. SBruce

SBruce Well-Known Member

Congrats Bud!:D

Well worth the trip up huh?! Did you get the biggest one you saw?

I am a smallbore guy, so it's great to see stories of game taken with the little 6mm's and 25 caliber guns!

9. cahunter805

Re: WY 2010 Deer sbruce my brother just built

AThis was the largest deer I spotted. As I was stalking him my brother spotted another group of 4 bucks but didn't want to take the spotting scope off this Guy. He said there were a few big bucks in it. Also this buck was with a very heavy 24" 3x3 which I could have shot the whole time but figured if he busted my buck would stand up which never happened. Sbruce my brother just built a 6-06 and took it on this trip. Shooting 105gr Berger's it was a hammer on antelope and his buck.