WT* - stock bullet(s) in the barrel ...

FEENIX

Posted in my local FB page, not really sure of the story behind it. :):Dgun)

Attachments

• 11755479_464400297066196_6815038385101343907_n.jpg
    11755479_464400297066196_6815038385101343907_n.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 82
must of had a squib load and kept shooting. .357 mag and he didn't notice nothing was coming out the barrel. And he reloaded too.

That is a little hard to believe

Posted in my local FB page, not really sure of the story behind it. :):Dgun)

Looks like no powder or a very minimum powder charge OR a primer only load (No Powder)

I have seen this before and the part that amazes me is why they keep shooting when obviously
something is wrong.

This normally turns out badly or worse. and if he would have placed a full hose load behind all of that It would have been very bad.

The clue should have been little or no recoil.

All I can say is He should go out and buy a lottery ticket Because it was his lucky day.

J E CUSTOM

Looks like no powder or a very minimum powder charge OR a primer only load (No Powder)

I have seen this before and the part that amazes me is why they keep shooting when obviously
something is wrong.

This normally turns out badly or worse. and if he would have placed a full hose load behind all of that It would have been very bad.

The clue should have been little or no recoil.

All I can say is He should go out and buy a lottery ticket Because it was his lucky day.

J E CUSTOM

Definitely not his time.

That's one stout firearm. My brother's a gunsmith and he's seen the same thing. Amazing that the guns don't come apart with the continued firing...

Speaks to the safety factor built into some of these firearms.

The last 3 rounds were potent enough to swell the barrel. You can tell that by how much the bullets were shortened. That won't be a primer only but maybe the wrong powder?? Maybe a slow burning rifle powder. That would be an easy reloading mistake.

He was really lucky. Also, goes to show you how strong a S&W .357 Mag barrel is, too.

I had a friend (Gun Smith) that took in a Pistol and made the mistake of not looking down the barrel before he shot it. later He found out it had 9 gas checks lodged in the barrel (The bullets would just pass through the gas checks leaving the ring of the gas checks).

The guy told him it was all over the place at 10 Yards. so my friend decided to shoot it and had some
30 carbine FMJs for the test firing. (Bad Idea).

The first FMJ lodged in the gas check rings and the second one blew the pistol up and fired the adjacent cylinders (One on each side) blowing the cylinder up in his hand. the loading gate was bent backwards but stayed on the pistol preventing more injuries and possible death.

Believe it or not the pistol was saved with a new cylinder and loading gate. the barrel was drilled with an under sized bit and the bullets and gas checks were pressed out without harm to the barrel
or rifling. I don't think I would have ever considered shooting it, but it does say something for the strength of the pistol. (It was a single action Ruger).

A good reminder to be safe and pay attention when shooting any firearm.

J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.