What wt. .375 bullet?

gfc91658

I'm just about finished with the new dies for a .375 bullet. I need to know what weight bullet all you guys shooting the big .375 (.375 cheytac and such) would like. This will be a polymer tip, bonded core vld hunting/match type bullet. Should be able to go up to a max of about 385 gr. Also it would help me to know the barrel twist on some of the rifles your shooting.
Rocky Mountain Bullets
George

George,

Thanks for your asking of opinions and suggestions.

I for one am currently running 11 twist in a few of my 375s and that is shooting the 350gr solids.

I am currently awaiting a couple new barrels to test some new solids that come in at 328gr for the brass alloy and 345gr for the copper alloy.

The barrels I am waiting for are a 10.25 twist and an 8.5 twist both with exponential gain twist with personal specd boore and groove dimensions.

Thanks

So I am up for any weight projectile that would stabilize in either of the above twist. My question would be is this projectile planned to "fit" normal dimension or solid dimension barrels?

Hi louis,
The projectiles we are making at this time are for standard normal dimention barrels. The .375 is our newest bullet to go along with the .408 and .416 vld bullets. We have alot of people shooting the .408 in the solid bullet barrels and they seem to shoot ok, haven't heard anything otherwise yet. Thanks for the barrel info, an 11 twist will work good on the .375, anything much more will be overkill for the copper/lead type bullet.
Rocky Mountain Bullets
George

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.