Torquing the action in the stock

baydog

Does anyone torque your action to the stock and does it matter a whole lot as long as it's good and tight in the stock? How would I find out the torque for a Remington Sendero?
Thanks
Scotty

Does anyone torque your action to the stock and does it matter a whole lot as long as it's good and tight in the stock? How would I find out the torque for a Remington Sendero?
Thanks
Scotty

I use a preset torque wrench on all of my rifles. It is set to 65 inch lbs. This is for the front and rear action screw. If you are using an ADL , the middle screw is just tightened snug.

All of my rifle are bedded so that no flexing of the receivers is likely to occur.
Pretty sure that this is the torque that Remington suggest.

65 inch pounds is what H-S Precision recommends. Using a torque wrench negates over torquing which can ruin the screw or the threaded hole, or both. Needs to be tight but not to the point of doing damage.

I use torque wrenches everyday building engines, their use is to 'stretch' the thread a pre-determined amount, set by the BOLT/STUD/NUT manufacturer.
Your Sendero can be torqued consistently using a 'T' handle allen wrench, as soon as the bolt stops turning and the handle twists further, the torque applied will be the same every time. I have checked this numerous times with my torque wrench, it gives the same reading time after time.
I also swap out all rifle action screws with allen key type if they don't come with them.

Cheers.
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.