wipe out foaming gun solvent

nelson

We have bought some of this wipeout foaming bore solvent. My friend swears by it he says it works wonders when his ultra mag coppers up. But I was just curious about the pros and cons of this product THNX

I buy mine from JB and it seems to work very well. Strong stuff though so make sure you get it off of any blued surface, I,e muzzle crowns or plastics as it could potentially harm them.

I use it, it works well. My suggestion would be to use something like the GM top engine cleaner to get the powder fouling out first, then use the Wipe Out. It works a lot better when you use it this way.

Frank D

I use Butchs to get the carbon etc out first then in with the Wipeout. A bit messy but works a treat, very hard to find this side of the pond though. Lately I have been using TM Solution with equally good results.

Varm, there are no cons, but beware the OTHER foam products!!

I have been using it for over 5yrs now, and it is the only solvent i use on a regular basis.

between that and GM TEC, and flitz once in a while to get the hard carbon in the throat, that IS all i use.

YMMV,
JB

I have used Wipe Out on occasion and haven't really formed a firm opinion on the stuff yet. It sure is easy to use though. My buddy uses the stuff all the time on his Wby Mark V's. He also uses the Wipe Out Accelerator and swears by the stuff. If it works in a WBY, it will work in anything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

VH

[ QUOTE ]
I use Butchs to get the carbon etc out first then in with the Wipeout. A bit messy but works a treat, very hard to find this side of the pond though. Lately I have been using TM Solution with equally good results.

[/ QUOTE ]
hi geoff, i am pretty sure wipeout is the same as forrest bore foam, which is easily gotten this side of the pond. however, if it is not the same, i would thoroughly reccomend its use.

derek

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
hi geoff, i am pretty sure wipeout is the same as forrest bore foam, which is easily gotten this side of the pond. however, if it is not the same, i would thoroughly reccomend its use.

derek

[/ QUOTE ]

NO NO! outers and forrest are made by milfoam, WO is made in the USA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.