What are you guys running for a solvent trap?

ShootnMathews

No, I'm not referring to the solvent traps you used to be able to buy and drill holes in. I'm looking for something to trap all the solvent spray out of the muzzle when I run a brush and solvent through my bores. I used to think solvent traps were silly. That is until I decided to clean like 5 rifles one evening and it looked like a blue spray can exploded in my room. 😂😂 At that moment I realized a solvent trap would be better than having to wipe everything down. LoL

I use old water or gatorade type bottles. Drill hole in cap to match OD of different barrels. Slide bottle with drilled cap onto end of barrel and start brushing with solvent. Keep bottle on barrel and let the patches fall into bottle. When bottles get too grungy just use a new one with the old cap. Doesn't cost you a dime and you'll have an unlimited supply.

My system is very simple and cheap. I have a cardboard box with a paper towel in it to catch any drips from the muzzle when I put solvent down the bore with a rod and jag.
Then I sit a cardboard sleeve with the far end enclosed on top of the box that the barrel slides into, this catches all the spray from the bore as the bronze brush exits the muzzle.
Photos for clarification.

20230517_182247.jpg20230517_182328.jpg

I use old water or gatorade type bottles. Drill hole in cap to match OD of different barrels. Slide bottle with drilled cap onto end of barrel and start brushing with solvent. Keep bottle on barrel and let the patches fall into bottle. When bottles get too grungy just use a new one with the old cap. Doesn't cost you a dime and you'll have an unlimited supply.

I don't get that complicated, I just put it over the muzzle without the cap and let it droop. At the end put a cap on in it and toss.

I just use a bottle, but I can see how an adapter would be nice. Some barrels are too large for water bottle openings. And a larger bottle can droop and fall off.