What are you Thankful for in 2007

1. 21 lb turkey
2. 3 lb fresh made stuffing
3. homemade cranberry sauce
4. apple pie that my daughter is working on right now

Just kidding :>)

Actually, I'm thankful for a family that is all safe & healthy, and that we will all be together for the holiday. Mom will be with us too. I've got several siblings so we have to share Mom.

Dad, we'll miss you forever.

I'm thankful that my entire family will be here for T-day.

Wife, 7 children, 10 grand kids and all of the good things that are going on in their lives.

I'm especially thankful for those who are and were providing service to the country to keep thing in an even balance so that we might pursue happiness.

I can add to all of the above, this year, to have been able to spend a month in the mountains learning to do better what I love to do most with one of the country's gentle heroes. Thanks for sharing BB.;)

My partner Caz for understanding even when the chips were down

Our faith

Hope

Life

Happiness

& you guys for all your sharing and knowledge that has made me a better person.

Thanks for everything and happy Thanks giving to you and your families and loved ones.

HP

i'm thankful for the doctor telling us today that the treatment my mother has been under going for cancer is working and she should be in remission soon and for my family. going to take the boy hunting in the morning frist good cold front of the season heading in tonight then we'll stuff ourselfs with turkey. happy thanksgiving everyone Roger Hunter

spino he just turned 11 we where lucky in that my moms cancer was caught in the earlyest stage. no luck this morning to much wind but we will try agian this after noon thanks and happy thanksgiving

for me its being born i a country the USA that lets me work and strive and make a good home for my family and a military that protects our rights to do the things here that most don't have and only wish they did
and my wife for letting spend the money to by the guns and hardware i want

JIM

Tied for #1

A beautiful wife that understands this crazy montana boys passions and shares in them as much as she can.

&

A beautiful little 1 year old girl that makes a grown man feel as humble and small one minute, totally helpless the next and able to concur the world the next just with a quick smile from her little face.

#2 Best parents a son could ever ask for.

#3 A growing business and the best customers on the planet

#4 Being able to live in the best country on the planet

#5 Those boys and girls that give everything for me to do and have #1 through #4. And especially to their families that give up more then I will ever have to.

Really, 1 and 2 are pretty much a tie, #3 through #5 are extremely close as well but if you have to put a number on them, thats the order I would put them in, all being very important to me, more so then a number rating would tell.

This has been the longest year of my life. Also the best. I thought I knew quite a bit before this year came around. Now I realize that I am learning more then not every day and how precious a new life is. It also makes me realize how my dad and mom feel about us kids and as such, I have charished this hunting season more then any other with my dad. The number of hunting seasons we have left are counting down to some degree, we have alot more coming but it will not be to many years before Dad can not go with us as much. This year has been about the best so far spending time with my dad. Just his morning we went up and he filled a doe tag for some burger meat.

IT was just a doe, it was just a 200 yard shot but I could not have been prouder to lay there next to my old man when he used a rifle I built to take that doe with a perfectly clean, instant one shot kill.

Like I said, 1 and 2 are so close its hard to say ones more important over another. I know I am very lucky, as are most of us on LRH. Dispite what many tell us, life is still good and its worth taking time to appreciate what we have before we realize its to late to enjoy it!!

Good post. Just noticed this was my 4000 post on LRH. Seems appropriate somehow to be talking about this instead of guns.

Kirby Allen(50)

Hay Guys

I am Thank ful THat I am Over THe Food *** I have Got Thankgiven Day .

I Have Been Very Sick the Last 3 Days . I hope that this did knot happen to you .

An my 3 boy Do knot under Why I am Knot Taken them Deer Hunting When They or out of school .

Redbone

Food poisoning is a very disabling event. It is very easy to wind up in the hospital for several days with IVs in you and hospital bills running into thousands of dollars. Some people may think it is funny to eat bad food but I am not one of them.

this place.
I bought 4 guns in 5 weeks in Feb/Mar. (and Feb/Mar is coming again soon)
I finally kilt a Colo mule deer.
new storm door I put on front of house. It actually seals.
Ron Paul and Tom Tancredo.
too many other things to list...

A great wife that understands my "addictions" and even encourages me to become more addicted.;)

Good friends to hunt with. Without good friends a hunt is just a hunt. With good friends it becomes a lasting experience you remember forever.

Great gun.

Finally a great barrel;)

Best **** gunsmith around that happily deals with goofy customers.

This site and the people and info available here.

And....the good health, so far, to do what I like when I like. When the ol body gives out I told my wife to just haul me up in the woods and prop me up under a big ol pine tree and come back in a week or two and get the remains. I told her my dad would come down and we would go on a final hunt together. She just laughs because she knows how I feel about life and she shares those feelings.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts