Walmart is out of the gun business!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abinok, Apr 5, 2007.

1. abinok

abinok Writers Guild

Thats the word alright! aparrently, the staff are being told its due to "liability" issues.

Ive kinda got mixed feelings about this... but it is going to be great for the gunshops out there, who can't compete with walmart since they can't buy at the same wholesale prices.

2. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Not all of them. Last year they reduced their gun stores by about 1/3 and I think this year they are doing the same. I'll find out for sure in the morning.

3. Hired Gun

Hired Gun Well-Known Member

They are going strong on guns here. According to the sporting goods guy no changes to the gun sales are slated for our store. They are increasing the ammo selections slightly due to increased sales.

4. bailey1474

bailey1474 <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

Yep, about 1/3 of the stores.

5. abinok

abinok Writers Guild

interesting.... I went to 4 different stores in the last 2 days. Guns were gone at all, but i could only find employees to interrogate at 2, and both had the same response.

6. redbone

redbone Well-Known Member

abinok

Have you went prarie Dog hunting this year ?

redbone

7. abinok

abinok Writers Guild

not yet. I was planning a trip this spring, but my new job is going to interfere.... untill at least the end of may.

8. owlhoot

owlhoot Active Member

Does this include ammo?

9. Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss Well-Known Member

Edited

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  10. permaculture

permaculture Well-Known Member

Guns and Ammo, along with maybe oranges, are probably the things sold there made in the USA

11. Triple BB

Triple BB Well-Known Member

Not here, was just there today. They have a bunch of guns and I hope they keep selling them...

12. desertbull

desertbull Well-Known Member

Most of Sam Walton's kids are libtards.

13. sniper1958

sniper1958 Active Member

They exited the market a few years ago, then re-entered late last year or early this year. Apparently, somebody's light bulb lit up and they realized they actually made money and customer traffic went up with guns and ammo on the shelves. Gee, simple business logic works most of the time.

14. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

Thats bull. Not even 6 weeks ago it was all over the internet and national news thaty Chinamart was getting back into the gun business. Now in inner city areas they did stop selling 3 yrs a go. But evenhere in our new 5 yo WM that never had a rack they have installed one 6 weeks ago and its now full of guns. SO it all depends who you listen to and whether you ask the right questions. WM employees are not the place to go for corp info, heck theyre luck to even get paid. They prob do neighborood marketing so conditions vary. But generally they are back in a big way and the "special order book' is under the counter so dont forget to ask for it.