Why not lazzeroni rifles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope your better at building rifles then you are at reading. That post your commenting on is 4 years old.

Thanks for the contribution. If a persons questions your credibility or any other aspect of your persona, business etc. Does a person not have the obligation to speak? Matters not how old the comment may be...

John is more than capable of defending himself, but that irked me...

Cost is what it is, I have more than one custom rifle in non-Lazzeroni chambers that right in there with John's prices. I'm willing to pay a "high" price because I want, what is (in my mind:D) the best I can get. Are they for everyone? Of course not, even those of us who can afford it, some do not see it as investment worthy, that is completely acceptable. We are creatures of our own being & ultimately the decision is the individuals to be made.

Thanks for the contribution. If a persons questions your credibility or any other aspect of your persona, business etc. Does a person not have the obligation to speak? Matters not how old the comment may be...

John is more than capable of defending himself, but that irked me...

Cost is what it is, I have more than one custom rifle in non-Lazzeroni chambers that right in there with John's prices. I'm willing to pay a "high" price because I want, what is (in my mind:D) the best I can get. Are they for everyone? Of course not, even those of us who can afford it, some do not see it as investment worthy, that is completely acceptable. We are creatures of our own being & ultimately the decision is the individuals to be made.

It seemed as it was regurgitated more for marketing then to defend his products. Sorry Outlaw..

I don't understand why they cost one third to half again as much as other equal quality rifles. I guess if people are willing to pay it, it's ok but I personally don't see your best being any better than any of the other top notch customs that sell for much less.

When I had my Lapua Improved built I wanted it built with "The Best" components available. BAT HRPIC receiver, MCM A-5 W/thumbwheel adj. w/pillars, Lilja fluted barrel, Jewel top safety trigger, Vais muzzle brake and it was still under $4k

I don't understand why they cost one third to half again as much as other equal quality rifles. I guess if people are willing to pay it, it's ok but I personally don't see your best being any better than any of the other top notch customs that sell for much less.

When I had my Lapua Improved built I wanted it built with "The Best" components available. BAT HRPIC receiver, MCM A-5 W/thumbwheel adj. w/pillars, Lilja fluted barrel, Jewel top safety trigger, Vais muzzle brake and it was still under $4k

I respect & understand that, components are components, that cost is fairly simliar. Where I've noticed a difference is the hands that put it together & some of the "extra" steps/pieces/parts involved in the built process. For instance, with my current 'smith, I use his proprietary fire control system, (pin, shroud, cocking piece & spring). There's an extra $200, he starts from scratch on the stock with a 3D model of your barreled action & CNC inlets to YOUR profile for a near perfect bedding thickness throughout the inlet & around the pillars. There's an extra $300-$500 (Can't remember exactly), he laps scope rails to the action instead of taking the cheap way out & bedding them, there's some extra. Then you get into extra items like Bolt Knobs, SS hardware, Forend pic rails, Custom Stock finishing (who wants plain colors!), Custom Cerakote, Bolt fluting, Custom engraving & on & on & on & on. :D

My build is going to be ~5k... I'm good with that. My philosophy is: "If someone else has it, I don't want it". lol Yeah, I dictate a LOT of extra cost into my rifles, because if I don't... I will never be happy with it.

Just a birds eye view from my side of the fence.gun)

If people want to spend $8k for a rifle that should only cost $5k I don't really care. It's their money spend it how you want but just because it cost $3k more than it should, certainly, doesn't make it better. It just makes it more expensive.

I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for but in my opinion, this isn't one of those times and I really hope all the other custom gun builders don't adopt this charge as much as you can get away with mentality. :rolleyes:

I think there are cost in a bigger name company and some that has product sitting on the shelf, ready to go. That costs for sales, inventory, more staff, more builing more insurance= more overhead that has to get paid for. There is a gun facility being built down the raod from me, property was over mil. and the building is muti-mil. They are not going to sell a rifle at same price out of a 25,000 foot shop as a smaller sole owner. Some people have the money to just go crab one of the shelf.Not me

In my opinion anyone trying to improve the shooting sports in putting a new product out or patenting a concept like lazzoroni, gunwerks, greybull allen mags or even the LRKM by Shawn, should be applauded. While its not cost effective for some people now, it gives the consumer options and opens the door for new potential break through's and advancements.

Outlaw ,,,,,,

thank you for the vote of confidence ,,,,,,,

I have heard these types of comments ever since I started LAZZERONI in 1996 ,,,, back then the Lazzeroni rifles were $4,999.99 ,,,,, with some of the Remington conversions at $2,999.99 ,,,,,,

as I get older, I think we ALL realize that humility is a far more attractive trait than arrogance ,,,,,,,

Animosity on the other hand, is an unattractive trait no matter where it comes from or what age ,,,,,,,

the Lazzeroni model 2012 is the best there is available because "I" personally make sure that it is ,,,,,, along with making a surprisingly small profit on each one ,,,,,

there is a little more profit in the ammo ,,,,,,,

BOTTOM LINE ,,,,, please feel free to show me ONE bolt action hunting rifle in the world that is BETTER than the LAZZERONI model 2012, and show me ANY factory loaded, pressure measured/controlled ammunition that is FASTER than the Lazzeroni long magnums ,,,,,

I have worked very hard to provide the best for those who are willing to pay for it ,,,,,,

"the Lazzeroni model 2012 is the best there is available because "I" personally make sure that it is"

Could you please tell me what makes Lazzeroni rifles better than say, Kirby Allen, Kevin Cram, Nathan Dagley, Shawn Carlock, Jim See, as well as a variety of other excellent gun builders throughout the United States???

Humility, arrogance, you're joking, right? Heck, you didn't even say in my opinion. You just claim your's are better than everyone elses!! Maybe I have a different definition of arrogance.

You make a "surprisingly small profit on each one" that must be one of those for the IRS, wink wink, statements because you charge thousands, not hundreds, but thousands more than nearly all other builders and claim to only make a small profit. You pay dealer cost for your components and some of those aren't even the most expensive available. Either we have two different ideas about what a small profit is or someone is stealing from you.

Lazzeroni rifles are very nice and even though I personally think you charge a very inflated price for them, others, obviously do not because people are buying them. But, when you make statements about your rifles being the best available, in my opinion, you are saying your's are BETTER than EVERYONE elses and again, in my opinion, you are not only insulting ALL other gun builder but you are making a hugely arrogant statement.

B23 ,,,,,

please don't misquote me ,,,,,

I did not say that the Lazzeroni rifle was BETTER than everyone else's ,,,,

I asked you to show me ONE rifle that was BETTER than the LAZZERONI ,,,,, ((there may be numerous rifles from the real good builders that are as good as the Lazz model 2012)) ,,,,

go on the rifles page, at www.Lazzeroni.com ,,,,below are the QUOTES from that page ,,,,,,

(((((((also ,,, give me your mailing address by email and I will send you a catalog that shows the complete breakdown of the Lazzeroni model 2012, part-by-part ,,,,, and you can do your own comparisons))))) ,,,,

""""""""""""""""""""""""""
ntroducing the new Lazzeroni model 2012.
  • Featuring an all new precision CNC-machined chrome-moly receiver.
  • One-piece diamond-fluted bolt shaft.
  • Stainless steel match-grade button-barrel.
  • Custom molded hand-bedded graphite/composite stock designs.
  • Precision-machined aluminum-alloy floorplate/trigger guard assembly.
  • Super crisp Jewel competition trigger.
  • High-tech Vais muzzle brake.
  • Limbsaver® recoil pad.
From a pure technology standpoint, the new Lazzeroni model 2012 may be THE finest bolt action rifle built anywhere in the world.

When you are ready for that one special rifle that you can rely upon anytime, anywhere, regardless of the weather conditions... then you are ready for a Lazzeroni.
""""""""""""""""""""""""

John, I didn't misquote you at all. I quoted exactly what you said/typed.

"the Lazzeroni model 2012 is the best there is available because "I" personally make sure that it is"

It seemed pretty clear to me you are/were saying your rifles are the BEST there are available, ie. there are none available as good because mine are the best.

My interpretation of "best there is available" is mine are the best. Period! Not mine are among the best available. We obviously have a different interpretation so we will have to agree to disagree.

Again, I think you build a very fine rifle but I think alot of the top tier builders do as well. I highly doubt your components from your suppliers are made any "better" for YOU than they are for anyone else they make them for. I'm also sure you do and excellent job putting it all together. But, again, I think all the top builders do and excellent job. All this brings us back to the point that you are among many excellent rifle builders that produce and equally excellent product. It's just that most of them do it for alot less.

Also, are you the ONLY person that assembles your rifles or do they go thru other hands in the assembly stage/s too????

Bryan

John, I didn't misquote you at all. I quoted exactly what you said/typed.

It seemed pretty clear to me you are/were saying your rifles are the BEST there are available, ie. there are none available as good because mine are the best.

My interpretation of "best there is available" is mine are the best. Period! Not mine are among the best available. We obviously have a different interpretation so we will have to agree to disagree.

Again, I think you build a very fine rifle but I think alot of the top tier builders do as well. I highly doubt your components from your suppliers are made any "better" for YOU than they are for anyone else they make them for. I'm also sure you do and excellent job putting it all together. But, again, I think all the top builders do and excellent job. All this brings us back to the point that you are among many excellent rifle builders that produce and equally excellent product. It's just that most of them do it for alot less.

Also, are you the ONLY person that assembles your rifles or do they go thru other hands in the assembly stage/s too????

Bryan

I have to say, I have read all your posts in this thread, and I don;t agree with your "bent". If you don't want to buy a Lazzeroni rifle, you don't have to. If you think you can build a Lazzeroni cheaper than Lazzeroni, then, OK, do so, but, you really appear to be grinding an ax to me. He said "best" sure, but, I take that to mean that they are the best in quality, performance, and components. There are several builders in this arena. Lazzeroni is one. Have you ever seen a Lazzeroni rifle in person? I ask because I have, and they are top echelon in fit, finish and components. I just dont see why you are going after the minutiae of his every posts. Now, you are inferring that he has to build every rifle from start to finish to support his statement "I see to it" This isnt long range rifles ( but only if you build them or they come from an approved vendor).com I dont think. I apologize in advance, but I, for one, am not enjoying your seeming attack. It'snot personal, but, it's how it reads, to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.