Why not lazzeroni rifles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a McMillan/Christensen Warbird and it's my dream rifle....circumstances at the time pushed me to purchase it over the Lazzeroni only because I also purchased a McMillan Lupa 338 at the same time and saved some $ by doing so.

I'm a disabled soldier on a fixed income and have to save for years to purchase a high end rifle and then years again for a quality scope to match--so now I'm saving for a Firebird and planning on the lazzeroni, but I always look to save $ so?

I also do not take Mr. Lazzeroni's statement to mean that his products are of higher quality than his competition--only that they are just as good as any in that "class".

My thanks to Mr. Lazzeroni for a great rifle/rounds,

Nick

First Nick,thank you for your service!... And like you I to have a warbird that I love. I bought a Sako Trg back when they first came out. That rifle shot lights out. It shot 180grn bullets that avg 3516 fps and and shoot under MOA out 600yards.(that's the max at my range back then).i have now re-barreled it with a 28 inch tube and shoot 200 grn nosler AB at 3462 fps avg .This round has always done what lazz said it would do,but for years I have heard people talk down about it.i even have the 7mm firebird and it is the best shooting rifle I have ever had.I had a 7mm rum,but sold it because it never came close to the firebird,no matter the load. So thanks John on two great rounds! Maybe one day I too can buy one made by you.

Many thanks to ALL of you for the good words ,,,,,

Check out the new "Build-Your-Own-LAZZERONI-Rifle" application on the home page at www.Lazzeroni.com ,,,,, should be cool to play with even if you are not in the market for a new Lazzeroni rifle ! ,,,,,,

Ooooh this crap from B23 ****es me off! Regardless how much Lazz rifles cost the profit margin has no buisness in the conversation. We own a fair sized plumbing/HVAC shop here in Alaska and people like to talk about how much money is being made. Well, nobody seems to be reaching in their pockets for us when we lose money. For some free enterpise is great on "Black Friday" but is unfair the rest of the time.
Unless one is willing to bear the risk,deal with employee personalities,and cusomers and on and on then back off. There should be some reward to creating work places for others. Kenny Jerrett charges big for his guns why is he not chastized?
Do you get mad at Porche cause they don't make a car in your price range?

Listen B23 I hate for you to think I'm calling you out to fight, just sore topic for me and dont care for anti-capitolistic attitudes.

Tim Jurczak

Tim

If "anti-capitalistic" is what you got out of this you clearly missed the point. By the way it's capitAlistic with an A not "capitOlistic" with an O. :D

It's only going to escalate in an immature nature from here so fine. I said my peace. Or is it piece with an A not an O?

no question that Lazzeroni rifles are priced beyond what many shooters are willing or able to pay for a hunting rifle ,,,

but at point in your life you might want to purchase a bolt-action hunting rifle that is built without compromise, a rifle that I believe is the very best built anywhere in the world ,,,

when that day comes, you are ready for a LAZZERONI ,,,

I have a new "Build-Your-Own-Lazzeroni-Rifle" app download on the Lazz website at www.Lazzeroni.com that is kind fun to play with ,,,
</SPAN>

Lazzeroni Inc. has been around for quite a while and clearly the business model has been working, so hats off to John.

I understand that throwing a bullet down range at high speeds will make for a higher MPBR. The advantages of a high MPBR in the field are pretty obvious.

However...

"All Lazzeroni rifles (except calibers .416 and larger) are guaranteed to shoot minute of angle or less to 600+ yards with proper bullet/scope selection or they do not leave our factory."
A $6,000 Lazz + $2,200 Schmidt & Bender + $130 box of ammo...
I am going to be irritated if I can't do any better than a 6.282" group at 600 yards...
Who is manufacturing the: Barrels, Stocks, Receivers...????
"...every single part used to build the Lazzeroni rifle is THE BEST available"
Are you using McMillan stocks, Hart barrels, Nesika or Borden actions etc. etc.
If not, who are you using and please explain why they are better than those listed above?
Thank you for your time!

Lazzeroni Inc. has been around for quite a while and clearly the business model has been working, so hats off to John.

I understand that throwing a bullet down range at high speeds will make for a higher MPBR. The advantages of a high MPBR in the field are pretty obvious.

However...

"All Lazzeroni rifles (except calibers .416 and larger) are guaranteed to shoot minute of angle or less to 600+ yards with proper bullet/scope selection or they do not leave our factory."
A $6,000 Lazz + $2,200 Schmidt & Bender + $130 box of ammo...
I am going to be irritated if I can't do any better than a 6.282" group at 600 yards...
Who is manufacturing the: Barrels, Stocks, Receivers...????
"...every single part used to build the Lazzeroni rifle is THE BEST available"
Are you using McMillan stocks, Hart barrels, Nesika or Borden actions etc. etc.
If not, who are you using and please explain why they are better than those listed above?
Thank you for your time!

Are you inferring that the Manufacturers you listed are in fact, the best? Are there not MANY top tier manufacturers of components that are arguably all high end, high quality? I ask because your question to Lazzeroni is nebulous. What if he says he uses Brux barrels? Are they the "best" in your opinion? Does your opinion matter to Lazzeroni rifle development? I have owned a couple of them, I can assure you they are top notch, high quality, well built long rifles. As good as any Ive seen, better than most. On par with all the custome smith work I have seen to date excepting perhaps some high end doubles and tropical rifles.

Kenny,

I was just using examples of manufacturers that I know of who make top quality components. I'm absolutely not trying to argue that McMillan stocks or Hart, Krieger, Brux, Shilen barrels are the best etc. etc. etc. They are all very good; I think we can agree on that.

What John has said is that he is using the best parts available. (Obviously Lazz is using very good materials, otherwise he would be out of business) I would like to know what HE considers the best available.

I am very curious as to who is making the Lazz barrels. They must be very well made if they can fire a large caliber round at 97568934769 feet per second and have a 1,000 shot barrel life etc. I'm being facetious, but you know what I mean.

I am planning on buying a custom rifle in the next couple months and I would like to know who makes the best parts, according to Mr. Lazzeroni.

John is widely considered to be a master gunsmith and I would value his opinion.

If I were to hear a sterling argument that a Lazzeroni is better than the other custom options I have looked into, I will gladly buy a Lazzeroni.

Let me take a stab at answering most of your questions.

Stocks: McMillan
Barrels: Schneider Polygonals- Same as McMillan
Actions: Defiance (I think)
Trigger: Jewell

I'm shooting from the hip here, but I believe that is what John had stated in the past. Please keep in mind, there has been a wizzing match about this already. John never stated that his line was BETTER than anyone else.

t

dagongshow ,,,,,,

I have used exclusively 416R stainless steel button barrels made by Gary Schnieder, for ALL LAZZERONI rifles, since the first model 2000 built in 1996 ,,,

The trigger is manufactured by the Jewel trigger company in TX ,,,,,,

the LAZZERONI stock designs are molded by the McMillan stock company in Phoenix AZ, and have been since 1996 ,,,,,

the new model 2012 Lazzeroni receivers are CNC machined in Montana, and they are the strongest & most precision receivers that I have ever seen or used to build a rifle on ,,,,,

Muzzle brakes are Vais, bottom metal is made from aircraft grade aluminum etc ,,,,, I could go on and on ,,,,,

Lazzeroni rifles are chambered ONLY in Lazzeroni calibers, which are the fastest factory loaded hunting cartridges in the world, caliber by caliber ,,,,,,

in summary, the LAZZERONI rifle is built from THE BEST components that I can find, period, and it has been that way since 1996 ,,,,,,

ask ANYONE on this forum who actually owns a REAL Lazzeroni rifle, model 2000, model 2005 or new model 2012 ,,,,, ask them about what kind of rifle we build ,,,,,,

as for accuracy ? ,,,, there are plenty of folks on this forum that know a whole hell-uv-va-lot about what it takes to shoot minute of angle or less out to 600 yards and beyond, with ultra-high-velocity hunting bullets, in the field under hunting conditions ,,,,,

it ain't easy and requires the very best components and optics available ,,,,,, AND some REAL PRACTICE by the shooter to do it consistently ,,,,,,

go to our website at www.Lazzeroni.com ,,,,, build your new rifle right there on the site using our build-your-own-rifle app ,,,,, you won't be disappointed ,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.