whiskey three precision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Culpepper,

I'll be happy to test your bullets for BC and share my results. I can do this free of charge, I'll just need about 20-25 samples of each bullet you'd like tested and I'll put them in the rotation.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM or email you my shipping address.

Thanks and take care,
-Bryan

Thank you Brian, wasnt sure if you recieved my email or not, But a most generous offer for sure.

Would put alot of the hehaww garbage in W3p threads to bed, and Bryan has tested many bullets from competitors if you run a search here you can see, always providing unbiased results, the latest in regaurds to the LRAccubond. I hope ya take him up on his offer John.

that's very dignified and respectful of you Bryan I told Mr. Culpepper you probably be willing to test them. You may have seen his reply, I think it would be a great solution for the greater good. But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the bullets. He thinks your the enemy/competition. Haha

Well stated! Even I am the enemy and I don't even sell them:D

Well stated! Even I am the enemy and I don't even sell them:D
Yea I know they do, I thought they would want to get with you and compare notes I'm sure you have been around the block with this design. And would have some useful input.. but "wud" do I know------- nuthin.......haha

One of our concerns with measuring BCs shipped from a vendor knowing we'd be testing the bullets is that the vendor may cherry pick the bullets rather than just send us normal production.

The overwhelming majority of bullets whose BCs we've measured were purchased through ordinary channels.

One of our concerns with measuring BCs shipped from a vendor knowing we'd be testing the bullets is that the vendor may cherry pick the bullets rather than just send us normal production.

The overwhelming majority of bullets whose BCs we've measured were purchased through ordinary channels.
This may be true, but I wonder how significant the increase would be if they were cherry picked?

I offerd Bryan I would send some of mine to him if he wanted. No reply yet. I purchased some 210gr. 30 cal. a while ago and loaded some up but have not fired them. Also sorry to the Pm's i may have sent to wrong people, I hate emailing on smartphones.

Last edited:
I offerd Bryan I would send some of mine to him if he wanted. No reply yet. I purchased some 210gr. 30 cal. a while ago and loaded some up but have not fired them. Also sorry to the Pms i may have sent to wrong people, I hate emailing on smartphones.

I hope you didn't send "PMS" to the wrong people:D Sorry, I couldn't help it.......Rich

Michael.......not to doubt your expertise, but how much difference could that possibly make? I personally am not worried about 3 or 4 points. It is the 100 points that I think we need to be looking for......Rich

This may be true, but I wonder how significant the increase would be if they were cherry picked?

We've seen an 11% difference in BC between lots in one case. One lot was made with an old worn die, and the new lot (higher BC) was made with a new die. As dies wear, the resulting bullet shapes change, and BCs change with them.

We've also measured a Nosler E-Tip BC at 0.324 that was advertised at 0.469. (150 grain .308). Now I doubt that bullet would measure 0.469 even when perfectly formed, but there seemed to be a poorly formed mismatch between the copper body and the tip. I doubt anyone would have sent those out knowing the BCs would be measured.

It's very simple for a bullet maker to do a few extra quality control checks before sending bullets out if they know the outcome of the testing is likely to be published.

The time or two a bullet maker knew we would be testing their bullets, we got "special attention". In one case, the maker sent a second box of bullets a few weeks later with a note to "please test these instead" because they discovered a quality control problem with the lot of bullets in the first box.

We've seen an 11% difference in BC between lots in one case. One lot was made with an old worn die, and the new lot (higher BC) was made with a new die. As dies wear, the resulting bullet shapes change, and BCs change with them.

We've also measured a Nosler E-Tip BC at 0.324 that was advertised at 0.469. (150 grain .308). Now I doubt that bullet would measure 0.469 even when perfectly formed, but there seemed to be a poorly formed mismatch between the copper body and the tip. I doubt anyone would have sent those out knowing the BCs would be measured.

It's very simple for a bullet maker to do a few extra quality control checks before sending bullets out if they know the outcome of the testing is likely to be published.

The time or two a bullet maker knew we would be testing their bullets, we got "special attention". In one case, the maker sent a second box of bullets a few weeks later with a note to "please test these instead" because they discovered a quality control problem with the lot of bullets in the first box.

Yea, I can see this happening 11% can make a difference at long range..

Both of them... LOL

But that's because when ever you approach anyone for work they find out who you really are and how much you are willing to hurt your fellow man.

Even if Culpepper cherry picks bullets, how would he be sure they are "the best" off the line. How much variance in BC could it make? Pure BS used as an attack.

Your endless innuendo disparaging anyone who opposes you, goes back to your vengeance attacks in 1995.

Status
Not open for further replies.