Where are the revolvers?

nealm66

I've been thinking about buying either a 44 mag or 460 and nobody seems to have any except gunbroker and I'd like to be able to handle them before I buy. What's the deal?

...no need to go that big unless there's a real reason...expensive to shoot, recoil is not for the faint of heart and neither is a daily driver. A good ole' fashion ho-hum plain Jane .357 mag revolver will serve your needs with far less of everything else that goes along with those big horses...bigger is not always better !!

There is just something about revolvers that makes me smile. The big bore fire breathers may cause some wrist and elbow pain, if you like to put a lot of rounds down range. However, my SW500 seems to get put on my hip every time I go to the range. I don't know why the revolvers are hard to find right now. I'm looking for a Anaconda or Python now as well.

I've shot some hot loads out of a freedom arms 454 and it's too much for me to enjoy much of. I've shot a lot of factory loads out of the Taurus 454 and it's not bad at all. I owned an anaconda and used to shoot bowling pin shoots with it. Loved that pistol. Really leaning towards the 460 but wanting to have my hands on it to decide. Still have the 44 dies and a lot of brass. Just weird I don't see any local. Might call around this week and do some serious searching

I have a couple ruger single sixes. 22 and a 45. I really like them as well. I'd imagine the super red hawks would be very nice. I've shot a few different s&w 44's and they're very nice as well. I've owned and shot a couple different black hawk 44's and they can be nasty with hot loads as well but very accurate

All the companies focused time and energy almost exclusively on autoloaders for the summer of love and 15 days to flatten the curve. Ruger has eked out a few and smith's show up ever blue moon or so. It's getting better by the month, local shops are probably less than 10% of the inventory of pre 2020. But that beats the near 0 they had for a while.

Smith is running big rebates on m&p pistols and gb had good revolvers trading at a premium. Hopefully they put those data points together and solve this. I'd like another x frame but not at scalper prices.

I really believe I would enjoy it. I've heard the concussion can be a bit much but I wear ear plugs under ear muffs anyways at the range. Guess I'll just have to be patient and let things get caught up. I can't imagine this demand being sustained