Where are all the TEXAS Long Range shooters

J E Custom

I noticed on the New Google Map that all of the L R shooters in TEXAS
are in the eastern part of the state .

" Come on Shooters sign up "

In Some parts of west Texas you can shoot from county to county so I
know you are out there .

Sounds like another good poll to take and find out where most of the
L R Hunters/Shooters are from (State ,Country or Province.)

J E CUSTOM

I am in the Texas panhandle area, and there are places to strechout!! Like most of Texas we have to pay to hunt, but sometimes someone offers. Anyway, we normally go to Wy. for goats and Colorado for cow elk LR. If I get a chance I go to the Selway Bitterroot with Richie Outfitters for big bulls. Sometimes we get some long shots like a 340 bull @ 787 yds, and sometimes not so long. We do a lot of long range black bear hunting in the spring. Its a blast!!

Here I am. Although I'm just getting started. I received my new rig a few months ago. I am still in the load development process have not gotten to actually shooting at distance yet. I too would like to meet some of the LR shooters in my area if there are any. As of right now I shoot alone 99% of the time. Also, it would be nice to get some pointers from a more experienced shooter, as of right now I have not shot past 200yds.

Im around the Stephenville area. Lot of Agricultural fields to shoot across, have some land by Big Springs out West Texas so plenty of opportunity for long range shooting

I'm here. In Lubbock currently looking for a range. I usually hunt in the hill country near junction. Still looking for a decent shooting range in lbk btw.

I am in the Texas panhandle area, and there are places to strechout!! Like most of Texas we have to pay to hunt, but sometimes someone offers. Anyway, we normally go to Wy. for goats and Colorado for cow elk LR. If I get a chance I go to the Selway Bitterroot with Richie Outfitters for big bulls. Sometimes we get some long shots like a 340 bull @ 787 yds, and sometimes not so long. We do a lot of long range black bear hunting in the spring. Its a blast!!
Ron has got to deal with those same 25/35mph winds we have here in Western Oklahoma. Some days "long range" is 150yds.!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts