What is your favorite rifle in your arsenal?

My go to for years was a Browning A Bolt 2 in 30-06. The first rifle I bought myself, and I killed half a dozen deer with that rifle. I made a foolish mistake and let it sit, wet, in a truck overnight and the firing pin rusted. When I tore the bolt apart to clean it, I realized how much of a pain the bolt is to reassemble. It's currently still in a baggie in my safe, and I adopted a new everything rifle.

New rifle is a blueprinted and trued 700 action, carbon six 22" 6.5cm barrel in an mdt chassis topped with a 5-20 SWFA HD and wearing a SiCo Omega .300 suppressor. Federal fusion reloads run typically .5 moa, and I've reliably been able to get first round hits on a 4" plate at 600 with that setup. Still haven't bloodied it, but it will be my antelope rifle when I finally draw a tag.

My go to for years was a Browning A Bolt 2 in 30-06. The first rifle I bought myself, and I killed half a dozen deer with that rifle. I made a foolish mistake and let it sit, wet, in a truck overnight and the firing pin rusted. When I tore the bolt apart to clean it, I realized how much of a pain the bolt is to reassemble. It's currently still in a baggie in my safe, and I adopted a new everything rifle.

New rifle is a blueprinted and trued 700 action, carbon six 22" 6.5cm barrel in an mdt chassis topped with a 5-20 SWFA HD and wearing a SiCo Omega .300 suppressor. Federal fusion reloads run typically .5 moa, and I've reliably been able to get first round hits on a 4" plate at 600 with that setup. Still haven't bloodied it, but it will be my antelope rifle when I finally draw a tag.
You might think about takin that Browning to the gunsmith:)!

You might think about takin that Browning to the gunsmith:)!
It may end up there! My issue arose when trying to get the firing pin back into the bolt shroud. On the abolt, you have to use a jig of some sort to compress the firing pin back up against the firing pin spring while screwing the shroud on. I made a jig, which wasn't stable enough and I ended up bending the firing pin. I have a new one, but it's been on the shelf while I ponder how best to re-make the jig for that operation.

It would likely be cheaper and faster to take it to a smith, but I've been known to be stubborn about these things at times

Gunwerks LR1000 in 7LRM shooting 180 grain Berger's. I pull the trigger, it goes bang, and animals fall dead. Has been for quite a few years now, its just hard to leave home without it. I did recently pick up a McWhorters Custom in 300 PRC that is rapidly growing on me though. Might be time for a change and give the LRM a well deserved rest.

My LAW Professional model 6.5 Creedmoor 😊, Leica ERi 2.5 - 10 x 42 4A in Talley Light Weight mounts.

Attachments

• IMG_1100.jpeg
    IMG_1100.jpeg
    790.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0523.jpeg
    IMG_0523.jpeg
    300.9 KB · Views: 22
One of my fav rifles is a Tikka in 6.5 CM in a light carbon stock with a long 24" fluted barrel with a 12oz trigger. Beautiful rifle
Yup,. the 6.5 Creed is, NOW,.. My Favorite Rifle, also !
A Tikka T-3 lefty, 24 inch SS, Elay Precision Spring in Trigger set at, 1.25 Pounds, 6x-24x-50 Scope, Braked,.. shooting 130 ELD-M's at 2,800+ FPS into,.. SUB 1/2 MOA group's ! AND,.. Only, 8.5 Pounds, "All Up" !
LOW, pleasant Recoil / Muzzle jump, minimal and,.. Accurate !

Last edited:
My late brothers Marlin 336 Lc in 30-30 that he shot so much a bullet will fit down the past the crown. I don't shoot it, saving it for my oldest daughter when she gets old enough. Bought in 1957 by my Grandfather, passed down to my father, to my oldest brother, to my late brother, myself and sooner or later, my eldest daughter.

One of my favorite rifles I have ever owned, was a Marlin 336c chambered in 219 zipper. It was awesome but could never find any ammo for it, so I ended trading it for some reloading equipment which started me on my path to the poor house.

Remmy700, I failed to give the rifle description! Winchester Model 70, 24" Douglas Match grade SS barrel (lightest recommended contour) "NO" muzzle brake, McMillan stock, Pachmyar Decelerator pad, 2 leaf folding rear sight, Leupold 3.5-10 CDS mounted in Leupold QD base/rings, chambered in .375 AI. Ready to hunt..... scoped, fully loaded, and slung, 9 pounds 1 ounce! Sub moa @ 300 yards from my backyard bench! Best 3 shot group @ 300...just under an inch! memtb
I think you need a weed burner on it 🤣

Recent Posts