What is your favorite rifle in your arsenal?

So I always go thru rifles, like a bunch. I shoot them and move them to try new stuff. However, I have one rifle that I have had now for like 5 years. It was a gift from my wife for Christmas. She is a Barrett 98b 338 lapua name Lindsay Lohan! Name is fitting cause she looks good from a little ways off but once u get close u can see she is a little dirty and well used!! What is u guys one gun, that is your go
Its easy and difficult to choose just one all at the same time. I would have to say its the Ruger M77 African 9.3x62
Such a nice, handy little rifle

pcf2I7i.jpg

So I always go thru rifles, like a bunch. I shoot them and move them to try new stuff. However, I have one rifle that I have had now for like 5 years. It was a gift from my wife for Christmas. She is a Barrett 98b 338 lapua name Lindsay Lohan! Name is fitting cause she looks good from a little ways off but once u get close u can see she is a little dirty and well used!! What is u guys one gun, that is your go to?
View attachment 148461 View attachment 148462
Naming favorites makes the other children jealous and hurts their feelings. :D

I have several favorites, mostly are rifles I picked up from friends over the years and other members here.

All of my favorite bolt guns are Model 70 or Montana customs including several Sharp Shooters.

375 Ruger-Custom rifle in Mcmillian ultralight for really big stuff mostly in Africa.

Custom M1999, "The Beast" 7mm STW.

Model 70 Sharpshooter in 300 RUM Winchester custom shop.

Model 70 Sharpshooter 7mm STW Winchester custom shop my favorite all around rifle.

Custom M70 300 RUM from Winchester Custom Shop.

Favorite 6.5 and probably most accurate rifle I've ever owned, custom model 70 in 6.5 LRM.

Favorite M700's one custom 300 Rum. Stupid accurate and a dream to shoot.

Favorite AR, Sig 716.

We're not even going to begin to be getting into the handguns and shotguns.

Honestly it's hard for me to decide.

264WMI Custom - Ag Composites, Kelbly's Atlas, Proof Sendero, 156 EOL @ 3350

260AI - R700 5R - All factory except Brux 7.5 twist barrel, M5 DBM, Trigger Tech Special

308 Win - R700 5R - All factory except M5 DBM and Jewell trigger. This one by far has the most kills under its belt. It's boring in some eyes but it flat kills stuff.

Three safes full, but this is the one. I spun (PITA on a manual lathe) up the barrel from an 11.25 Obermeyer blank with my own reamer for M118 LRs. 2.5x10 NXS, Legacy Surefire FA762SS. Gas system unitized USMC way. US Navy Crane SSR scope mount. Adjustable trigger pull weight with modified hammer for faster locktime trigger group. Blank firing breech cover (installed after picture taken) to shield blowback when running suppressed. Bedded, it shoots well and runs flawlessly.

It loves the meplatted M118 LR ammo for hunting, and shoots the M852 equally well.

20191121_150455.jpg

Last edited:
223ai with a 1:8 twist sitting in a McMillan stock and a Bushnell LRHSi on top to shoot anything from prairie dogs to deer. View attachment 149156
Nice rifle, but it is the scenery in the backdrop that I love. I spent 10 years in Wyoming, and the windswept and frigid land tugs at my heartstrings!

Looks like a great stand for coyote calling.

Nice rifle, but it is the scenery in the backdrop that I love. I spent 10 years in Wyoming, and the windswept and frigid land tugs at my heartstrings!

Looks like a great stand for coyote calling.
What's the expression? "There's no place like home". I remember in 2014 my wife and I did a coast to coast Canadian road trip. It was awesome, so much to see, North America is a huge continent…and I remember thinking to myself that the prairie sunrises and sunsets, grain fields, and bluffs of ordinary trees were the most beautiful thing I'd seen once we got back home (Saskatchewan - "land of living skies" as per our licence plate slogan haha - but people from prairie provinces and states know exactly what that means ♥️)

I can not and will not decide!!! 🤣. But one of these three. Belted brothers of destruction.

Savage 111 long range hunter 300 win mag
BRNO zg47 in 358 Norma mag
Wby vanguard stainless in 257 wby mag
I am jealous of that BRNO. I found at a gunshow two weeks ago but it was too butchered to be saved. A shame. Not an overly expensive gun, but cool nonetheless. Sucks they arent more prominent here in the states.

257 Weatherby Mag built on Rem 700 S/S action 26 in Mueller works CF barrel 1-7.5 twist. Jewell trigger with GRS Berzerk stock shooting 129gr hammer hunters - it wears a VX5 4-20 with fire dot and it is my absolute go to for any hunting. Only had it a couple years longest kill to date was spike elk at 610 yards dropped like a rock on the shot. It flat hammers deer - 3 to date none left their tracks and this fall 375lb black bear at 430 yards bang flop. At the range it cuts the same hole at 100 yards. Last weekend I was shooting empty shot gun shell hulls off the to of target frame at 300 yards.

RIFLE.jpeg

I was unable to add this photo to my earlier post so here it is.
This is "MY PRECIOUS"-> 6.5 PRC Browning Bolt Pro (CF stock, stainless factory lapped barrel, stainless action, fluted barrel, bolt and bolt handle, bronze Cerakote, Talley rings W/bubble level
SCOPE-> Bushnell Elite 4.5 - 18 x 44 W/G3 illuminated small "Xmas tree" reticle
KNIFE-> HELLE GT laminated blade, made in Norway