What is your favorite hunting knife?

engineer40

What is your favorite hunting knife?

I'll start... When hunting I've been carrying a Buck Folding Alpha Hunter for probably the last 8-9 years. This is by far the best knife I own and my favorite. I have another older Buck and my Dad has one of the traditional non-folding Buck knives. They are all nice, but I just really love the folding Alpha Hunter. It opens and closes like a piece of precision equipment. The blade stays sharp forever. And the fat handle makes it incredibly easy to hold onto (even after your hands get blood on them). Not to mention it's made in the USA still!

I love it so much, sometimes I want to pull it out of my hunting gear just to use when we're having a steak dinner. :D

Buck_Knife_1.jpg

A buck 113. Fixed blade, good belly, fairly small and easy to maneuver inside a chest cavity. Long enough blade to get all the boning done and skins like a champ. If I ever draw a tag for something bigger than deer I will probably need a longer blade but i have been more than pleased with this one. I will never go back to a folder for a hunting knife. Cleanup is a breeze even after a kill.

2h2l4j9.jpg

One of the original folding knife's Buck made. My best friend gave it to me one day at lunch right around 1970. Broke the tip off one day in Colorado prying the eye teeth out of a frozen bull elk head. Ground a new tip even though Buck said they would replace it. Boned out a 6 point bull with it this year before it went on the horse.

105 pathfinder and a an outdoor edge skinner. Both go every trip. The buck has been tagging along for 37 yrs looks like it was just brought home

I always take my grandfather's Western made in Boulder, Colorado he bought in the 1930's in the homemade hand riveted scabbard. Stays sharp, he died in 1968, I'm 66. Also take my grandmother's Old Hickory on my elk hunts that's butchered literally hundreds of cattle, lamb, deer and elk. Guess I'm a little old school.

My favorite is a caseXX folding knife w/ green bone handle. I bought at a trappers meeting auction for $10 when I was younger than 10yrs old, I'm 38 now.

I've become a little bit of a knife snob in the past couple years and my favorite is a frankenstein Buck crosslock. I replaced the 420 blade on it w/ a Cabelas Alaskan guide s30v cross lock blade (didn't like their handle at the time), hands down the best knife to ever cross my path. The Alaskan guide knives are worth their weight in gold, and they are 20% right now! I have a few, the vanguard w/ wooden handle is an absolute beauty that will hold a wicked edge. Anymore if it isn't s30v or another high quality steel I won't bother.

Do yourself a favor and strongly consider the Alaskan line, you will not be sorry I assure you.