What is your best deer rifle

I shot a lot of deer with my Browning BAR in 7mm mag. I recently gave the gun to my son as it was handed down to me from my father. I mostly hunt deer with archery gear and I now have one rifle for big game and that would be my Savage Bear Hunter in 300wm.

I have used a Savage model 10 .308 for many years but I just bought a Remington 700 long range 7mm to try out.

Used an `06 most of my hunting life with very good results. I just picked up a custom ar-15 in 6.8spcll. Cant wait to use it on a nice northern michigan buck next season. Trying nosler 110 accubonds,and hornady 120 sst loads. I will be ready.In the meantime feb & march coyotes to break it in.

Its kinda cool to see what all the different caliber and fire arms are that are being used for deer hunting. I always favored an 30/06 over all the different caliber rifles I've had. The 06 always seem to get the job done if the shot was near or far.

Remington 700 .25-06 most often, sometimes a Remington 788 6 mm (early years) or even an old long tom Winchester 30/30 with open sights. First one was shot with a .22 long rifle while it was poaching hay from an unfenced stack.

Remington Model 7, in 7mm/08. 140 gr. partition, ahead of R-19. Of about 15 deer shot with this one only two ran. One was a heart shot by my son on his 1st hunt, the other an angle shot too far back. Both were dead just didn't know it that quick. All the others were "Nosler timed" as Hal Shockey would say. My wife shot her 1st deer with it and asked were it went after the shot, I said " Straight down you Nosler timed it" She liked that. None were over 50 yards, we like to look them in the eye so to speek.
Bill

I hunted many years with a Weatherby 243. Last 4 years I have used a custom built AR in 6.5SPC with a ACOG and love it. This year I let my son use it and I used a custom built AR 260REM and it did the job very well also. Still love my 6.5SPC for a great overall gun. All my guns are suppressed.