What is THE Ultimate 30cal Cartridge for ELR/Reloading?

I would be intrigued by a 300 Norma Improved or 30-338 Lapua Improved. Seems to be a decent balance of maximizing case volume for the bore, in the largest casehead normally used for it, aligning with the shorter/fatter case efficiency movement that's been trending. Berger 245 would be a good bullet to shoot from it, or one of the 200+gn Lazers from Cutting Edge. Seems like that might get you everything you can from the 30 cal bore.

But at that point why accept the arbitrary limitations of 30 cal?

I would be intrigued by a 300 Norma Improved or 30-338 Lapua Improved. Seems to be a decent balance of maximizing case volume for the bore, in the largest casehead normally used for it, aligning with the shorter/fatter case efficiency movement that's been trending. Berger 245 would be a good bullet to shoot from it, or one of the 200+gn Lazers from Cutting Edge. Seems like that might get you everything you can from the 30 cal bore.

But at that point why accept the arbitrary limitations of 30 cal?

I think this would be hard to argue with but agree that the 30 cal is limiting for elr.

Now if you're wanting a sporter weight hunting rig to dabble in elr then you'd be on to something.

Either way, I'd go to a 338.