What Hand Gun do you use for Personal Protection??

bigbuck---great choice and it is a great pistol. Get yourself some federal hydrashoks for that baby and you will have an awesome stopping handgun.
I have multiple handguns including that one and my "car" gun is a dan wesson 1911.
But the one that I carry most is a north american arms 22 magnum 5 shot. It NEVER does not go with me as it just fits right inside your pocket. Yeah, I know, its a 22 magnum. But what you will find with most folks is a pistol is cumbersome and they end up not carrying it. The best pistol is the one you are carrying. I usually carry two but the small one is always with me. I also carry the M & P in a ankle holster as it is the compact.

Randy

I'm the odd guy out again....

None of the above.

I carry infrequently but when I do, It's always my Bond Snakslayer 2 shot derringer, fits in your pocket like a set of keys or in it's tiny ballistic nylon holster. One chamber has a 410 shotshell with No.8 and the other has a hollow point 45 Long Colt.

First one to get the attention and cause terminal acne, the second one to drill a large hole.....

If you need more than two, you are done for anyway.

I have a Kimber and a Wilson but I prefer the small but mighty derringer.

Randy,
Sidecarflip,
I saw the coolest little gun the other day . You guys may have seen one before I cannot remember the name for sure but It may have been a richardson arms. The handle folds up like a pocket knife the guy was carring it in the little pocket on the side of his pants leg (he was wearing carharts) It has the little clip just like a fold up pocket knife has that you clip to your pocket . neatest thing I have seen it comes in a 22 or 22 Mag tiny little 5 shot revolver. He said it cost $200.00 "If" you can find one.

I have a few to choose from, but my prefered carry pistol is a 1911 oficers model 45acp loaded with flying ash trays(200 grn hollow points). When I am in the woods I carry a Smith&wesson Mountian Gun in 44mag most of the time.

The "Flying ashtrays" made my morning! Haven't heard that one in quite some time. :D Thanks for the grin!

Awwwwww Joe.. such a cute little gun! :D

Just kidding Coach.:)

My side arm is Glock 20, 10mm. Got it when I was in Panama and we have been 'close' ever since! :)

Mom's packin a Colt Python .357 6" and a S&W Bodyguard as her CC baby, she's named it 'Kevin'.. she loved Kevin Costner in 'Bodyguard':rolleyes:

I call my Glock "Hans"... :D

Doc

LOL:D I wanted a 10mm, but I can hardly find ammo for it around here, and while I will load for my 40, I would just as soon buy my pistol ammo. So, I bought the 40 S&W. It shoots well, but the trigger sucks! Maybe someday when I have more patience and time to reload for one I will get a 10mm.

Attachments

• dosequis.jpg
    dosequis.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 6
Wish I was. He has more hair than I do. I'm a bit light on top. Don't understand why in as much as I'm half Sioux and Indians aren't supposed to be bald.....

Springfield XD compact in 45acp. Its a 10 + 1 but here in Andys world I can only "legally" load 7 in the mag shoots great. No problems with FMJ's or JHP's.

Randy,
Sidecarflip,
I saw the coolest little gun the other day . You guys may have seen one before I cannot remember the name for sure but It may have been a richardson arms. The handle folds up like a pocket knife the guy was carring it in the little pocket on the side of his pants leg (he was wearing carharts) It has the little clip just like a fold up pocket knife has that you clip to your pocket . neatest thing I have seen it comes in a 22 or 22 Mag tiny little 5 shot revolver. He said it cost $200.00 "If" you can find one.

Yup, thats the one I was telling you about. Handle folds up into the pistol and you can clip it on your pants. I took the clip off and just carry inside the pocket. I have been doing this for years. I can tell you this, you can't hit squat with it unless you are close which is what it is designed for. But, it is better than nothing and the 22 magnum is actually a pretty good little cartridge.

Randy

Yup, thats the one I was telling you about. Handle folds up into the pistol and you can clip it on your pants. I took the clip off and just carry inside the pocket. I have been doing this for years. I can tell you this, you can't hit squat with it unless you are close which is what it is designed for. But, it is better than nothing and the 22 magnum is actually a pretty good little cartridge.

Randy

Did I have the name right ? I would like to google it but ont really remember the correct name ?

Thanks

Sounds like the Snakeslayer I have. a 410 shotshell almost comes out the end of the barrel, it's in about 1/4" and that 1/4" is rifled to make the derringer legal. It can't be a smooth bore under BATFE Regulations...

Even the 45LC takes up most of the bore.

I tried it at the indoor range at the club I belong to (with a lead handloaded semi wad cutter) and the bullet was tumbling at 50 feet, it impacted the target sideways.

Certainly a close in handgun but then, most attempted muggings, etc., are close in.

I for one, wouldn't want to look down the business end...if it was pointed at me....

Sounds like the Snakeslayer I have. a 410 shotshell almost comes out the end of the barrel, it's in about 1/4" and that 1/4" is rifled to make the derringer legal. It can't be a smooth bore under BATFE Regulations...

Even the 45LC takes up most of the bore.

I tried it at the indoor range at the club I belong to (with a lead handloaded semi wad cutter) and the bullet was tumbling at 50 feet, it impacted the target sideways.

Certainly a close in handgun but then, most attempted muggings, etc., are close in.

I for one, wouldn't want to look down the business end...if it was pointed at me....

What does the snake slayer cost roughly ?

I got mine at Cabelas on card points so nothing for me but I believe they are around 400 bucks,

www.bondarms.com

Neat thing is the derringer registers on the frame and the barrels are interchangeable and Bond offers barrels in various calibers. The most popular is the 45LC/410. Barrel interchange is similar to the Encore, break open the action, pull one screw and pop in another barrel. The entire gun is brushed stainless and comes with a trigger guard (thats removable for a true derringer appearace) and rosewood engraved grips.

You can also select which barrel discharges first. The derringer has 2 firing pins, individually engaged by a cam arrangement and it has a cross bolt safety so it don't discharge in your pocket.

Best of all, the derringer is made in Texas from domestically sourced materials.

I happen to like American made, made by American workers, firearms.

It weighs about a pound, maybe a little less and is the size of a pack of smokes so it fits nicely in your pocket. While I don't name my firearms (IMO, they are tools to me), you could call it a 'pocket rocket'.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.