What Gun an cal??

That does look like a good gun and that's some real good shootin right there. Went out ta finish up the barrel break on the 270 WSM today. Put a test scope on a Viper Crossfire 3x9. Didn't cost ah bunch but it holds center real good on my Rem. R15 450 Bushmaster just slapped it on and hoped ta hit paper. Well first shot was real low and to the right. No scope adjustin cause I'm just doin break in and trying ta see how she groups. Well second shot I'm thinkin I missed paper. Walked down and seen they both just went in one funny lookin hole. Ok I'm kinda tickled now. Fourth shot comes up and I blew it. I'm usta shootin that R15 with a long stiff trigger pull so I let that accutrigger get the best of me and let it off before I was ready. I knew the shot was bad when it cracked. Now I'm mad at myself so I clean the gun again like I been doin between each shot and settle down. Bam the forth shot goes right in the funny lookin hole. That's all the time I had left to shoot today but will be back at it tomorrow. This is factory ammo, Federal Premium 130 Ballistic Tip coming out at 3340. I think I quoted someone before saying..."The only interesting gun is a accurate one" Well boys this Savage has my interest. I hope it keeps it. Ha.

Attachments

• DSCN0560.jpg
    DSCN0560.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN0565.jpg
    DSCN0565.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 50
Good shooting. Hard to be a Savage in my opinion. I avoided Savage rifles for years and years. Don't know why, just did. Finally broke down and bought one a few years ago and am a lifer now. I can't Imagine buying anything else at this point. As with all brands it's a bit of "luck of the drawl" to get a good shooter. But with Savage it does seem like the odds of getting a great shooter are higher than with other brands.

Well put it this way. I've owned exactly two Savage's and they both shot great. I've owned exactly one brand new in the box Kimber . To put it mildly, the way that thing shot you would have had to tape a quarter to it just so you could say you threw SOMETHING away . Ha no really I was so disappointed I gave the gun away. I know all the Kimber's ain't like that but the luck of the draw way the bad luck for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.