What did you name your rifle

"Big Girl" - 270 Allen Mag w/LRH stock of my own design. A super pair of palm swells. Ah......those palm swells. Big Girl = Sara Ramirez of Grey's Anatomy. Speaking of anatomy......ah........those palm swells.;)

338 Rum - great shooter, meth head paint job. "Pink", named by Dave Wilson's grandson.....

Ah........those palm swells......................

I have several that are named.

Maggie...Kleingunther K-15 Deluxe chambered in .270 Weatherby Magnum.
Gib........Mauser 98 with all the treatments chambered in .30 Gibbs.
Big Nasty...T/C Contender w/ SSK barrel in 45-70 Gov't.
Lil'Monster...APS built XP-100 in 7mm-270WSM
Ol'Reliable...T/C Contender s/ SSK barrel in .338JDJ#2
Ol'Yeller......XP-100 w/ bright yellow HS stock in .222 Remington

i have a regular ole 700 in 30-06 that the farm boy in Canada named "heat seeker" he said every time that thing went off, something died.

Roy called my Edge a "compact cannon" because it's only 40"long. the name has stuck.

Roy, it was my son that said your gun was pink. he'll turn 9 yrs old on the 25th of Dec.

Roy, it was my son that said your gun was pink. he'll turn 9 yrs old on the 25th of Dec.

My apologies to your son:eek: :D

PS: Pink's gonna get a face lift on of the days but winter has been really busy.

Rifle names

I named my 6mm remington (miytrieeta) it means the one who greats with fire.
my 223AI is named Fat rabbit.

My custom 6mm-284 is the Boatanchor
My custom 56# 338lapua Imp. is the MOAG (mother of all guns)
My bushmaster AR-15 is the *** (I'll let you figure out what that means).
UB

rifle names

My Ruger Target in 22/250 is known as THE BREATH OF DEATH to the local ground squirrel population, and my Ruger #1 7mm mag answers to meat in the pot.One of my favorites is my Rger #1 .375 whitch is known as ONE SHOT, 13 big game animals, including running elk and deer and has never missed hair.

My buddies named my last rifle "Frankenstein". It is a 788 Remington action that has turned a brown color, stainless barrel, powder coated green scope base and rings, blue/scratched/dinged scope and 788 wood stock that has been reformed, sanded, and painted with Krylon Camo colors with my leaf pattern from trees in the yard. Not pretty but the 25" Stainless 22-250 AI barrel will reach way out there and touch'em. This rifle really shines in the Prairie dog towns and coyote hunting.
Mike

I let other people come up with the names...

Once I hear the name (it just stands out), I get the magazine floorplate engraved with the name.

My first one is actually my login name. Deathray7. My older brother called my 7mm STW that about 8 years ago when he looked at the ballistic charts.

#2 is my .375 Ultra Mag. One of the guys here at work said it was just plain "Overkill" and that name stuck.

My .340 Weatherby Mag got the name "Bloodtrail" from my guide in Saskatchewan this year after I shot my whitetail and he said that in 20 years of guiding he'd never seen anything like it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.