What did you name your rifle

338/ 300 RUM is earning the name "Thumper" because of the beautiful sound those 300 SMK's make on impact...and the fact that it sends a lot of air-mail to Bambi and his mother.:D

Ar-10

First year whitetailing with the AR-10 and as of opening morning, it became known as "Jammer", because that is exactly what it does when I have multiple targets or need a quick follow up shot.

Twice, with 1 deer, made 1 shot kills and no jam.
Twice, (one big doe and spike, other 3 doe) 1 shot and jammed at 20 yards! Allbeit both first shots were 1 shot kills, I sure would have liked to have had those second shots, the follow up shots on the 2 doe would have been within 5 yards, they **** near ran me over.

This actually confuses me as this is the same rifle I used for a Tactical Rifles match firing over 100 rounds with no jams.

Rocky

I refer to my custom 7mm RM as "go-to" if I need something dead it's my go to gun. 700 action, 30" Hart barrel, Brown Precision thumbhole w/NF 5.5-22x56 slinging 168gr Berger VLD's

I only have names for my 2 most used rifles and they kind of named themselves.

"Thumper" for my 7 RM.
"Rapido" for my .204. (BTW, Rapido claimed another coyote this morning.)

Oh yeah, one more but in a little different class. "Hummer" for my 17 hmr.

I have a mod 7 in .260 I call "sweet meat" because it's my primary deer hunting rifle and has worked perfectly on every deer I've shot with it.

I have a keltec .380 I call "noisy cricket" after watching that MiB movie.

The Elephant gun

I call my 243 The Elephant Gun. It Belonged to my wifes late grandfather and she started calling it that when she was very young because it was taller than she was - the name has stuck! I like it - the rifle btw is brilliant! Half MOA with whatever I shoot.

I call my 300 win Rusty Martin, for it is knock down drop dead gorgeous,well almost gorgeous. Not many people know who Rusty Martin is.

My names

Model 788 22-250AI= Sniper
Model 70 300WSM= Quigley
Model 700 338 RUM= Bawanna
Howa 1500 .223= Lil' dawg
Rem 700 243= Slayer
T/C prohunter 204= Mighty Mouse
T/C prohunter 25-06= Betsy Lou
Model 70 XTR 25-06= Mo Money just to name a few but they all get a name sooner than later. My wife thinks I am goofey. Loved all the names it was great.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.