Votes: 120 20.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 28 4.7%
  • Ross

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mathews

Votes: 186 31.5%

• Total voters
Just picked up my 3 rd Bowtech. Destroyer 340, would like to get up to speed with my Shaffer recurve

PSE Firestorm , light for the back country trips for elk. Archrery Research 34 as a back-up and Black Widow RC as back-up. Started with recurves 45 yrs ago. Still like em for the ultmate challenge. The wheels work great for meat hanging.

That's not cool. My compounds are on the poll, but none of my traditional bows are.

I don't hunt with compounds anymore. My hunting bows are: Ben Pearson takedown recurve 45@28", Martin Savanna 50@28", custom longbow 65@28". I had a bamboo backed, black locust primative bow I made, but it's not shooting too well. I'm going to build a couple more when I get back from Iraq, and see if I can make something worthwhile.

I have shot a Matthews since 1994, yes it's old! I am looking at updating & there are alot of really good players now. Among others, I am looking at the Elite, really fast for such a brace height.

Thats not that old, I shoot a 1986 Darton

Hoyts, all I've owned for 25 years. I shot a mathews a couple years ago and liked it, but my 10 year old Hoyt was as fast and as quiet. This spring I had the fever so I went to a local shop and shot one of the new bowtech destroyer and a new hoyt maxxis 31. I didn't like all of the shock I felt with the bowtech and it was only 2 fps faster than my razortech. The hoyt was dead in my hand after the shot, absolutely no viberation. I didn't buy one because I shoot my bow well and it still shoots respectable speeds, 283 @ 64 lbs. It's not worth $800 fpr me to pick up 8 fps. Plus mine is a proven killer :D.

Started out with a Pearson then moved to a Clearwater, now shooting a Mathews DXT and love it. My next bow will probably be whatever new year model PSE X-force when I decide to buy.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts