what are you shooting

Just shootin' light tackle

My Hunting /backup 3d bow is:
Hoyt 38 pro set @ 54 lbs.
32" draw with 1/2" extra in loop
Easton Full Metal Jacket 400's cut at 30.25" (leaves just a fraction of the arrow and full tip past rest)
125 gr. points or Montec broadheads
Spott hogg hogg it sight for 3d
spott hogg seven deadly pins for hunting/play (can't have more than 5 pins in 3d tourney)
7 1/2" homemade stabilizer

New indoor and 3D bow will be
Hoyt vantage x8 Black set at 40#
32" draw with 1/2" loop
copper john ANTS sight and pin
Easton x7 2613 cut to length, 300 gr. glue in tips, 3" right feathers
stabiliser = ??
Stan back tension release
winners chioice string/cables and tru peep

Plan to stay in bow hunter free style division with both bows.

Just bought a NEW old bow:

1970 Zebrawood Ben Pearson recurve
Pull: 40#
Length: 52"
Draw: 28"
Sights: none
Letoff: none
Stabilizer: none
Rest: shelf
Silencers: Genuine Musk Ox
Release: fingers
Arrows: wooden sticks with feathers on them
Broadheads: Bear without inserts
Weight: about a pound

O yeah, I just bought one of them wheelie ones,,Browning Midas 3,,it weighs 2.5 pounds stripped, so I might be able to hold it up.

I shoot recurve because my left shoulder has 2 tendons gone, and my right shoulder is only at 30% because of bad rotator, so I can't hold the weight of over 2 or 3 pounds straight out. I do have a crossbow & disability permit, but like the vertical stuff better. If anyone knows of a compound under 3 pounds let me know!!!

bowtech guardian 70lbs/ 30in draw
limb driver rest
hha 5019 sight
mean v string stop
1/4in tru peep
carbon express maxima hunter 250s
rage 100gr 2 blade last yr/ not this yr probably g5 striker 100s
catquiver mini
no stabilizer, dosent need one

after 32+ yrs string yanking this is probably the best hunting setup I have owned

Hoyt Vectrix 70# set at 66# 29.5in draw w/string loop
24 easton A/C/C 3-49 with a 125gr. landshark or muzzy phantom
12 with 4in green feathers with ez crest green fade to white
12 with blazers red with ez crest red fade to white
24 Beman Black Max 400 with 125gr. landshark or muzzy phantom
same setup as the A/C/C
NAP drop away rest with limbsaver pad under front of the prongs (no sound at all)
G5 Meta peep
extreme sights with .019 pins with the fiber running through the sight housing and blue flame light
doinker 10" stabilizer

getting 309-310 out of it right now....may go to a stiffer spine to get more ke out of it but it shoots great for whitetails

PSE Thunderbolt @ 70lbs, Winners Choice string and cable,Copper John Dead Nuts Pro II, CAP WB, BowJax silencers (limbs, string, CG), Easton Epic 400's (older style...got a pile of them) w/blazers, Muzzy Phantoms 125gr., Carbon X-Ring stabilizer.

Good 'ol workhorse of a bow. Keep thinking that I'll get a new bow each year but just can't justify it as this one works so well.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.