What bore cleaner do you use ?!

I use Bore tech: Carbon Cleaner to get the powder fouling and works great when you get a carbon ring build up on fast ammo in overbore rifles, Copper Eliminator to get the copper out. Their eliminator bore cleaner is a good all-around cleaner.
I was sold on the Carbon eliminator after soaking an AR-15 bolt that was very heavily carboned up......soaked for about 10 minutes and I just wiped off the carbon with a rag...no scraping....amazing stuff!

"H82MISS -

Howdy !

When you have a good quality / well made barrel, there's any number of bore solvents that will work. A lot of times, even w/o needing a bore brush !

I have a Marlin M-336XLR .35 Remington that has 12-groove deep "Ballard"-type rifling. They did such a good job in making the 24" SS barrel that I can clean the gun easily w/o having to use a bore brush. I use Gunslik foaming bore cleaning, that gets down into the corner of the grooves well I used to use Montana Extreme bore solvent to finish cleaning the bore, followed w/ a final patch wetted w/ Montana's "Bore Conditioner". I've since found that I can use their bore conditioner for BOTH bore cleaning and as the final bore conditioning treatment. It works real good, for me ( my rifle / my loads ).

Likewise , my Broughton 29" SS 1-8 6mm 5-groove barrel also cleans up w/o my having to use a bore brush. Doesn't seem to matter whether I use Tom Meredith's
" TM Solution " , Montana Extreme, Butch's Bore Shine; or......

With regards,
357Mag

A lot of bench rest shooters us bore brushes with the brass center also looped on the end like the pro shot ones

If I have time I use Bore Tech most of the time and with one of my rifles that holds on the copper better than I hold on the money I use Wipe Out and let it sit over night.
I have had to use many other cleaners over the years since 1960 I used Hoppe's #9 and still have a 1/2 bottle.Montana Extreme,Butches Bore Shine with a couple of cap's of Kroil in the same bottle and it works well.
I put the Sweets up as one barrel maker cut one sideways in two and showed what sweets can do if you leave it in too long.
There is a newer bore cleaner I have fallen in love with by Tipton named "Truly Remarkable Bore Solvent" and it is.Its thick so it stays on a bore brush.
They say on the bottle that it cleans copper,lead and powder fouling.
That's my newest bore solvent and it don't put you in a coma like sweets does.
I usually use Truly Remarkable Bore Solvent first to get the hard part done then go straight to Bore Tech and it seems to come out very easily.
That's my 2 cents
Old Rooster

Another vote for Boretech eliminator. If it's a rifle I know likes a fouled bore though I'll just use Hoppes until the accuracy really falls off then back to boretech.

As stated there are many different solvents and methods that work. The one that best suites your needs will be the best for you. The only comments that I don't agree with is the use of any abrasive paste in a bore of a custom barrel. If it is properly cleaned, it doesn't need anything that will shorten barrel life.
A good strong solvent Like Sweets 762 will remove any copper fouling with enough application. so the need of any abrasives are not required, just a little more time doing a proper cleaning.
Just My opinion based on bore scoping and replacing barrels cleaned with abrasives.
J E CUSTOM
I shoot nothing but moly plated bullets, which is a heated subject all it's own, but......

I just retired my 600/1K Dasher barrel at 2600 rounds, which has seen all moly bullets, only nylon brushes, only Bore Tech Eliminator, followed up every time with a little JB on a patch wrapped around a under sized brush, and finally a couple three drops of Kroil on a clean patch.

I have a Hawkeye as well......

To answer the question posted earlier about nylon vs bronze brushes, if you use a copper solvent then the bronze brushes react to the solvent and you will be chasing the blue streaks on your patches thinking your barrel still has copper in it. If you use the nylon they don't react and any blue you see on patches is from your barrel. This is the same reason I use the recommended jags from Bore Tech as brass ones also react to the copper solvents.

Don't want to side track the thread, but sort of related. How come folks use nylon brushes and avoid the bronze ones? I would think the bronze ones would do a better job than the nylon ones.

I've done quite a bit of machining and mechanical design and IMO, there is no way a nylon brush will clean deposits as good as a brass brush. It is just a matter of hardness, period. Also, there is no brass brush that will affect the steel that all barrels are made out of. That said, the steel components of any brush can do damage, so care is needed.

Over the decades, I've tried a little of everything, and for many years, we used our homemade Ed's Red with and without ammonia for copper solvent. The last few years, its been Sweets and Shooters Choice, but it is about time to make another batch of Ed's. Much cheaper and has always worked well.