What bore cleaner do you use ?!

Is it safe running a bore snake? Ive never liked the thought of it since i run rods bore guides and brass jigs. Any thoughts

I recently decided to test Corrosion X bore cleaner since I really like their rust preventive/lube. I ran 3 wet patches thru the bore and followed that with 25 brush strokes and as you can see in 2 of the bore scope pics, only powder fouling was removed. No hard carbon or copper was removed at all. The last picture is after 10 brush strokes of my mix of Flitz and Iosso. The corrosion X CLP (same as the red can contents) cleans better than the bore cleaner. Don't waste your time and money.

Attachments

• 250 after CX1.JPG
    250 after CX1.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 250 after CX2.JPG
    250 after CX2.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 15
  • 250 after Flitz.JPG
    250 after Flitz.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 17
Thanks for the test Seabeeken.I can't count the amount of things I have bought and under performed.
I would guess I have thrown away more things that didn't work all that well than things that did exactly what it promised!
Oh yeah, same here. I bought most cleaners a couple yrs ago for testing. Other than the abrasives like kg2, jb, etc, the best was flitz liquid. Then i added some iosso to it and wow. Gave away 2 boxes of cleaners and lubes.

I still have some of that and have used it in the past. I was hoping some of the newer stuff that is not ammonia based had a strong following for being effective.
Thought on Bore tech copper remover anyone?

Not to hijack but other than what has been stated already what is the best bore cleaner for barrels using strictly mono all copper bullets?
I shoot monos almost exclusively. I get little copper with hammers but when i do i use tactical advantage. Bore tech is good too

Recent Posts