Went shooting again, watcha think???

Broz has been a huge asset for me! It is amazing how many people he has helped. Thankyou Jeff for all your wisdom!

You are very welcome, but no need to thank me. I really enjoy long range and strive to take it farther. Getting on here and talking about what I do is very enjoyable for me. If my posts or PM's help someone, that is awesome.

I appreciate the kind words.:)

Jeff

I really like that MOAR reticle but understand the subtension thing now thanks to you.

I have been looking for exact size for the MOAR subtensions. I was really liking it till I read that All I know is it is thicker than the RP-R1, and I would not like thicker. My personal preferance is as fine as I can get to pin point point of aim. This does not bother some shooters, but I dislike thick crosshairs very much.

Jeff

I have not had the opportunity to compare several reticles side by side nor do I know where I could but I would love to get that chance. I never thought I'd go back to SFP till we talked about this in another thread. Thanks a lot Jeff your making my head spin!

Scaffolding . . . That's funny!!!:D

I have a zeiss conquest w/thick reticle. (It was a good buy) The fact is, for me, its not a problem when it comes to group size or very small targets. Though I would be a bit more comfortable with a more fine line.

Its a duplex and I've been thinking about converting to a Z-plex, but only thinking.

Gotta snag a range finder first.:rolleyes:

Scaffolding is funny. I think the rear rest being on the bedroll was worse than the fact I had 3 boxes under the bag. Did you see the shelter I built I mean come on guys what do you expect from me!

I was one of those that answered in the poll no but I think I need too. I haven't got that far yet but I plan to.

I was just telling a good friend yesterday about a inexpensive anti cant devise that the wise ol' Broz recommended in a thread once but I couldn't remember what it was called! As always your right there when I need ya!

These were the first groups shot with the AMAX's other than the one 800 yd group I shot a few weeks ago. The B.C. I got from the Hornady website says .495 which is what I used. I now have some real world data to try and match up with my Bulletflight program. This is another first for me so I'm open to any ideas. I had to plug in a velocity of 2840 to get the original 800 yd group to match up. The original groups at 385 for both rounds were low out of a clean/cold bore but the rest were all high. I was thinking warm action = warm ammo so perhaps that explains it??? I used a chrono for the original 800yd group and it was reading closer to 2880. I did not use a chrono for the groups pictured in this thread because I would of had to move it each time I switched targets and I did not have the time. Got Antelope to find ya know.

Just remembered something that helps make more sense of why the shots were all high after the 385yd group. I added .5moa for all the other groups from what the program called for. The first group looked a little low so I thought it would help but remember that first group was fired from a clean bore. I know from past experience this rifle is off a little on the first 2 shots and then settles into it's zero!lightbulblightbulblightbulb Details, details! If you look at the 385 Amax group there are 2 low and one perfect elevation wise. All groups afterward are almost exactly .5moa high. I may not need to fudge with the #'s after all! What do you think Michael, I know these #'s vary quit a bit from your findings?

Ok, whats up with this?? :D

Here is a very affordable choice if you don't choose to spend more.

Easy to install, inexpensive, works well, easy to see and looks good.

B-SQUARE BUBBLE LEVEL FITS THE WEAVER RAIL | eBay

Jeff

Jeff suggested that I get one and so I ordered it . Actually I installed it today after I got home from church. It was fairly cheep compared to my NF scope LOL It came with a small allen wrench took about 4 seconds to install . Now my next step is to order a red tac rear bag without the scaffolding:D
I admire your desire to camp out and shoot . With that kind of determination I believe you will only get better (like 2 1/2 '' @ 1000):)
what's going to be really neat is watching some one like you shoot and practice then when hunting season rolls around post a pic of an animal that you have taken at theses distances . Thats what I'm hoping to do .

Good luck the next time out..........

Jeff suggested that I get one and so I ordered it . Actually I installed it today after I got home from church. It was fairly cheep compared to my NF scope LOL It came with a small allen wrench took about 4 seconds to install . Now my next step is to order a red tac rear bag without the scaffolding:D
I admire your desire to camp out and shoot . With that kind of determination I believe you will only get better (like 2 1/2 '' @ 1000):)
what's going to be really neat is watching some one like you shoot and practice then when hunting season rolls around post a pic of an animal that you have taken at theses distances . Thats what I'm hoping to do .

Good luck the next time out..........

Just a few short years ago I thought I knew something about long range hunting so I did exactly what you just described above Bigbuck. Its almost embarrassing sharing it with you but it was this article that lead me to longrangehunting.com which has forever changed my life. Here's a link to the article about ''long range shooting'' and the successful hunt that followed.
Are you ready for the long shot? I am... - Rifle hunting for Coues Deer - CouesWhitetail.com Discussion forum
UNFORGETTABLE!!! - Coues Deer Hunting in Arizona - CouesWhitetail.com Discussion forum

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.