Went out this morning

northernchris

Northants or Scotland depending on the season.....
Went out this morning with the new Swarovski on the Styer

Well

Swarovski 2 / Mrs & Mrs Charlie 0

217yrds and 237yrds acording to the Leica CRF 1200.

These 2 have been giving me the run around for weeks,i have been leaving rabbits out for them but never managed to be there at the same time as them,put the lamp across there last night and not a peep,so went over there this morning about 7 and set up in wait.At about 8.15 they both came into view ,the dog carrying a small red leg and the vixen looking for mice.Shot the dog 1st as he was further away,he dropped to the shot ,the vixen during this was head first in a rabbit burrow so at the 1st shot she didnt quiet know what was happening,she soon did when the A-max raced over to her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
morningfoxes002.jpg

morningfoxes006.jpg

morningfoxes007.jpg

morningfoxes019.jpg

Very nice pictures. Interesting country and story. Even if your shots are not far if you have some nice pictures you should post them up.

Sometimes, you dont't have to kill something if you have a nice picture.

The ground i was out on this morning is hard to get shots out past 300 yrds ,with all the hedges,tree,s and hills.The 1st fox was shot walking left-rightand the second was a head shot of which i could only see partly so not that far but still far enough to miss. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif How and who decides what is long range? Over here in the UK we just dont have the space as you lot do over the pond /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Chris,
Thank you for some wonderful photos, and a fine story. What a contrast from our countryside, our landscape is snowcovered and the temps are in the minus thirty's with the windchill. Just no fun, but your area looks beautiful.

Intrested to know what caliber your rifle is, and which Swaro scope you used. NIce shooting, not much vital area on a fox. Can you utilize the pelts? We have a fairly strong fur industry that buys fox and coyote pelts in winter.

far north of scotland in wick.you got lots of foxes in your part of the country. its thick with them up here.