Went shooting again, watcha think???

Just remembered something that helps make more sense of why the shots were all high after the 385yd group. I added .5moa for all the other groups from what the program called for. The first group looked a little low so I thought it would help but remember that first group was fired from a clean bore. I know from past experience this rifle is off a little on the first 2 shots and then settles into it's zero!lightbulblightbulblightbulb Details, details! If you look at the 385 Amax group there are 2 low and one perfect elevation wise. All groups afterward are almost exactly .5moa high. I may not need to fudge with the #'s after all! What do you think Michael, I know these #'s vary quit a bit from your findings?

Very much so. All of my rifles past and present have varied from clean bore to fouled bore. Some only for 1 shot other for 2 or 3. Depending on how fouled my bore was when I developed a given load, after a DEEP cleaning it has taken 6-10 to get back to top accuracy.

I also find that at the very least the first bullet fired down a clean bore will show pretty substatial velocity spreads as well.

If you keep dwelling on the why did it do this and why did it do that they way you are, you are going to make a fine LR shooter. Thats one large key ingredient.

Michael,
Do you know what your corresponding velocities are for the B.C.'s you provided? Our velocities could differ which could explain a difference in B.C.'s.

What are you trying to say Mike, I'm like special olympics or something?:D:D:D I'm just kidding and I appreciate the kind words very much!

LoL!

Reminds me of the whole; Not the size of the boat but the motion of the ocean.... though its dang tough to cross the ocean in a row boat!
I'd say you're motorboating pretty good man! gun):D

Mike

I've been rowing against the currents for 17 years now but thanks to the wonderful people on this website I feel like I'm starting to make some headway! I'm glad you knew I was joking and thanks again, I really do appreciate it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.