Warranty on RCBS dies????

summitsitter

I got a bullet stuck in a RCBS FL 270WSM die. Being the DA I am I tried many ways to get it out before I got on the internet and found the tap and screw method. Which worked great. But apparently somewhere amist all my beating and pulling I bent the part of the mandrel that the expander and decapper pin screw on and also stripped the thread on it. Any ways I can't get into the RCBS website here at work (firewalls) and there customer service is closed on Fridays. I thought I had read somewhere that RCBS stuff has a no questions return policy. Any truth in that. Model is #31301. Thanks guys.

Trent

Any truth in that.

Yes, I just broke the plastic insert for my hand primer and called them up, told them "I" broke it and a week later new parts showed up free of charge.

I suspect the same is true for dies. You can also buy RCBS mandrels from Midway.

RCBS is great. For some things.

Recently I discovered a small but long-time water pipe leak in my shop had wet a small cardboard box holding some rarely used loading tools. The "free-bore" tool for a Case Mic and the body of a sizing die had both rusted beyond clean up and salvage so I called RCBS. The very nice Customer Service lady is sending me a free replacement for the rusted free bore tool but "company policy" is they won't even SELL me a replacement body for the sizer! She said I'd just have to buy a new set. Well, the rust is my fault and I expected to pay for both items, but they won't sell me the sizer?

Okay, it's in a caliber I rarely use anymore so I'll get Lee RGB dies this time.

But go figger that one out.

RCBS in my opinion is the best in the market today. Several item I bought second hand, which broke, was replaced no questions asked. I would highly recommend rcbs to anyone

The very nice Customer Service lady is sending me a free replacement for the rusted free bore tool but "company policy" is they won't even SELL me a replacement body for the sizer! She said I'd just have to buy a new set. Well, the rust is my fault and I expected to pay for both items, but they won't sell me the sizer?
Send the complete sizer in with the other tool and see how they handle it.

"Send the complete sizer in with the other tool and see how they handle it. "

The decap/expander spindle wasn't in the die body when it rusted so I kept that but tossed the body weeks ago. Fully expected to pay for the replacement but was told it would cost almost a much as a new set even if they chose to sell me one.

Oh well...

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.