RCBS dies

Forster Full Length Bench Rest® Sizing Dies
https://www.forsterproducts.com/pro...cating/case-resizing/full-length-sizing-dies/
full-length-bench-rest-sizing-die-category.jpg

The high mounted floating expander greatly reduces case neck runout. The case neck is held and centered in the die when the floating expander enters the case neck.

full-length.png

I have not used these dies in years. Any new caliber I have are lee dies. I will admit these were used when I was new to the hobby. I started with the 35 rem in a marlin 336. While I ended up with some outstanding loads I fought with them and ruined a ton of brass trying to get a visible crimp for the lever action. A lee factory was the solution. The 450 marlin was next with a slightly better learning curve with a straight walled case. I still use the 308 dies with a lee factory as well.

I like the forsters. Getting a new rig next week and want a die to do it justice. I'll be using 230 Berger's. I normally use standard rcbs die's and have shot some 1/2" 5 shot groups out of 264 Wm and 300 Blk with them. I want something with micro meter I think but I measure every round and load everything one at a time. I was just curious if it's worth the extra cost...and the ability to bump the shoulders. I'm not really educated well on that subject

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.