RCBS Dies

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Forrest Ebert, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Forrest Ebert

Forrest Ebert Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts on the RCBS Neck Sizing die sets ? I will be using them for the 7mm and 338 Rem. ultra mags with once shot brass. I have been using Redding dies but couldn't pass up the deal on these 2 sets.:)

Thank you for your input.

gun)

2. boomtube

boomtube Well-Known Member

For a set of conventional dies the RCBS are, on average, as good as any other brand.

3. ourway77

ourway77 Well-Known Member

Forestebert, RCBS Dies are VG dies. But if you are loadind shells that were fired in somebody elses gun they won't chamber. Once they have been fired in your rifle then you can neck size the cases. Now after several firings you may again have to FL size your brass again if the brass becomes somewhat harder to chamber. I always buy both FL,NK, and seater dies. Good Luck hope this helped. Don't forget to make sure you trim the overall lenght of your cases they tend to grow longer after firing. Lou

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  4. winmag

winmag Well-Known Member

Nothing at all wrong with RCBS dies. But I have a feeling that since youve already been "spoiled" by using Redding, you probably wont think much of RCBS dies, or hang onto em too long.
    Just a hunch. Ive been spoiled with my Redding dies, or as I say ''Ive seen the light....'' and I have little use for anything ''less''.
    Good luck with em'