Wanted 280 rem

runt

i Am interested in buying a 280 rem. i would prefer used.. was looking for a remington but offer me what you have

i Am interested in buying a 280 rem. i would prefer used.. was looking for a remington but offer me what you have

Try some gunshops, gunshows, Gunbroker.com, Auction Arms, and GunsAmerica.
You're posting at a place where people mostly want guns, not want to get rid of them.
The 280 suffers because it's surrounded by the 270, 30-06, and the 7mm Rem Mag which are also good cartridges. Few manufactueres are making guns in 280 any more. There's no 280 Ammo at Walmart. You could rebarrel a 270 or 30-06 but that would cost more then finding a used one.

If you look for one try to get it with a 3.6" magazine so you can shoot the excellent low drag bullets which exist. Rem 700's do. The SAAMI length of the 280 is the same as a 30-06 (3.34") which is not conducive to long ranage shooting.

Thanks for the help and what do you think about the the remington 700 mountain rifle in a 280

Thanks for the help and what do you think about the the remington 700 mountain rifle in a 280

Only you can decide what's suitable for you and your environment . Thats's true for the cartridge, and accessories. What's usually called a Mountain Rifle. is just a little lighter and shorter than a classic BDL rifle. The term says little about accuracy or quality or even if it's actually desiraable for use in mountains.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.