280 rem?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by ghoghunter, Feb 19, 2004.

1. ghoghunter

ghoghunter Member

i have a ruger 77 all weather. great shooting rifle. i was invited to West Virginia this year for deer season .does any body want to share a real good deer round.factory or reload.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Lend me your gun and I'll promise a couple winners for you.
    IOW, only your rifle will tell a good load in your rifle.
    You've got plenty of time.
    Buy a box of 120 g Sierras or Remingtons for next to nothing and have some fun developing loads. Try 50-56g of 4350 or 55-61g of 4831.
    If you go for something bigger, like a 150g, don't be scared to use some of the slower than normal powders, like RL 22, H-1000, though I believe 4350 is one of the darling powders of that cartridge.

3. MU Ag Rho

MU Ag Rho Well-Known Member

I found a load for a friend with the exact same rifle and found that 59 gr of Reloader 19 with 140g Nosler Ballistic Tips shot exceptionally well, somewhat of a warm load though. I would not punch a lot of paper in a short time with it. Hope this helps.

[ 02-21-2004: Message edited by: MU Ag Rho ]

4. ghoghunter

ghoghunter Member

thanks guys i loaded two of your rounds .hopefully oldman winter lets me get out and try then out. havent had time ore the weather to do much shooting here in ohio [​IMG]