Wanted 280 rem

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by runt, Apr 1, 2011.

1. runt

runt Member

i Am interested in buying a 280 rem. i would prefer used.. was looking for a remington but offer me what you have

2. LouBoyd

LouBoyd Well-Known Member

Try some gunshops, gunshows, Gunbroker.com, Auction Arms, and GunsAmerica.
    You're posting at a place where people mostly want guns, not want to get rid of them.
    The 280 suffers because it's surrounded by the 270, 30-06, and the 7mm Rem Mag which are also good cartridges. Few manufactueres are making guns in 280 any more. There's no 280 Ammo at Walmart. You could rebarrel a 270 or 30-06 but that would cost more then finding a used one.

If you look for one try to get it with a 3.6" magazine so you can shoot the excellent low drag bullets which exist. Rem 700's do. The SAAMI length of the 280 is the same as a 30-06 (3.34") which is not conducive to long ranage shooting.

3. runt

runt Member

Thanks for the help and what do you think about the the remington 700 mountain rifle in a 280

4. jdbfair

jdbfair New Member

Mine is a tack driver with 140 ballistic tips or accubonds.

5. LouBoyd

LouBoyd Well-Known Member

Only you can decide what's suitable for you and your environment . Thats's true for the cartridge, and accessories. What's usually called a Mountain Rifle. is just a little lighter and shorter than a classic BDL rifle. The term says little about accuracy or quality or even if it's actually desiraable for use in mountains.

6. runt

runt Member

Ya i relized that.. Just was wondering if there was any bad things about it...

7. runt

runt Member

I hunt moose and deer what is better suitable a 270 win or 280 rem