280 Rem??

Colo243win

Hello i am looking at getting a Browning X-bolt in a 280 rem. I have never owned a Browning rifle or a 280. I was wanting to know what you guys thought about the combo.. Thanks for any info..Nic

im having a 280 ackley being built as we speak so i like that and it seems a lot of people like the 280 here. on the browning i have used an abolt for about 4 years and shot a couple of deer with it but i really dont like it. I much perfer (for about the same money) a sako like the new a7 sako would be a nice gun but to each there own. i like the tikka, howa, or sako rifles.

.280 is a nice round. I like mine. I have two friends with A-Bolts in .300 mags. They kill a lot of stuff with them. No experience with an X-Bolt.

I've used a .280 for the last 15 years, and I have to say, I think it may be the best deer cartridge around. Yes, the .30-06 can do all, but the .280 shoots flatter than the .30-06 and .270 (with equal weight bullets due to it's slighlty longer case and capacity), it has a great deal of bullet choices (if handloading), is easy on the shoulder, and can be easily made into an Ackley!

I don't have experience with the X-Bolt, but I did do some shooting and loading for a friend for his A-Bolt in .280. It was a very light rifle and it shot very well. It actually shot my handloads for my Ruger better in his gun! I'm not a huge Browning bolt fan, but they are a decent gun. Their BARs and shotguns are nice though...

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.