two mile hits

kregg slack

heres acouple of my long range rifle's. and a 36-inch round gong that i shot at 10 times and hit it 3-times at two miles away. for a good long ranges gun you need the scope set up that adj then you can shoot the same rifle at 100yds or over two miles. SLR shooting products sells the base's. web page

Thanks for the post and pictures.

I believe there are three hits I can barely discern, one about 1/2 to the edge at 11 o'clock, one on the edge at 1 o'clock and one 2/3's of the way to the edge at 2 o'clock. (I believe they're scuff marks but I could be seeing things.)

On that base you have on the rifle, I'll bet that gives you a long interval for your "short range" point blank trajectory. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again for the posting.

this here is the unlucky dog that i shot at 3125yds with the 338 lapua. 300 gr seirra bullet time of flight was a little over 8-sec it took 325 min of elvation to get there at 2750 fps at 5000 ft elvation. the bases on this rifle were solids made to shoot only at that range.but i had 60 min or so in the scope for fine tuneing. fine cross hair 25x50x50mm scope from dick thomas. i made the new rifle with the adj base's but could not beat my old record with it so sold the rifle and went into 1000yd benchrest. i am going to have my boy start working with me so the day when im gone the gunsmithing can still go on for the next generasion but im going to need more work to do so i can pay him. thats why im showing what my rifle's can do to help get more work. web page

thank you, i haven't seen him in person for 11 years but now he's 18 he's coming out to live with me. i think i can mold him into a good gunsmith which will take time as long as he does things the way i want them done. I'm building two new 1000yd rifles for next year so i can get him into the benchrest game. we need all of the young adults to keep the NRA going and our shooting sports. i will start him off on making muzzle brakes and bluing.

here you can see how much power there is in the 338 lapua when it hits a target at two miles. and also a bullet that did not hit the gong. web page

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.