How many guys are going for the two mile quest?

Ernie

SPONSOR
I know the longest varmint kill is under 2 miles (unless it has changed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif).
How many of you are going for the magic 2 mile mark?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You can get that far out where I am easily, however money is my limiting factor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well i can definantly tell you that this mark is definantly in me and BJ's mind!!!

Some time late summer Kirby will have our gun done and we will see how it does at low elevation. If nothing comes of that then look for some records to be set next May/June!!!

take it easy
steve

I asked the question, because I know there are at least a handful of guys that I knew of that were thinking about it. I want to see that goal achieved /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It won't be by me though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
My Long Range PD goals are first just beyond 2k and then possibly 2500 yards with my specialty handguns. I hope to dedicate two days toward that goal this fall sometime. We will see what happens with my schedule.

My goal is first to figure out how to get consistant bullet flight at that range. The 300 gr SMK does not much care for dropping out of supersonic velocity.

Course, if you get to around 10,000 ft, I think you can make it to this range without worrying about that to much. At my 3500 ft alititude it will be an issue though.

I am more on lines with XP on this one. got lucky and broke the 2000 yard barrier and got close to the 2500 yard marker, well, within 130 yards of it anyway. Hope to break it this summer something but if I do not I am happy with the luck I have had already!!!

I will let BJ and Steve take care of the +3000 yard stuff!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby Allen(50)

I will be trying for the 2000 yard mark soon. I am having a 338 Lupa Magnum Improved built, so I can achieve this goal. After I achieve the 2000 yard mark, I will than try for the 2 mile shot. I think I can do it with the 338 Lapu Magnum Improved, with the 300grn MK. The targets I am shooting at our California ground squrriels, these varmints are much smaller than PD's, woodchucks and groundhogs, so my task is going to be much harder to obtain. The California ground squirrel is about 10" tall and about 4" wide, so it's going to be hard to hit this varmint at 2000 yards.

10,000 feet HMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

Sounds like you might need to gas up that s-10 Kirby!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif i think you will be able to find us up there, the mountain top will be 10,000 feet and I will be on the top with my tall @$$ head sitting at about 11,000 feet!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I am already calling it the 2 mile quest and it will be well documented. i may be dimming my chances of claiming the 2 mile mark alone with all the bad @$$ shots I will be around!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I got a strange feeling that ol' Slacks record wont stand past next spring!!!!!

Maybe this new scope company we got will give us some freebie's if we break the record with their glass!!!

take it easy
steve

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.