Hit the mile mark, Ruger M77 300 Win Mag

oh, yeah, by the way, i love the 300 WM. loose about 200 fps to a RUM but burn only 68.5 gr of IMR 4350 and still hitting game out to 1300 yards and 5-700 feels like point blank. mild recoil, easy on the wallet and barrels and you can get ammo even in anatoovik pass alaska if need be.
beat

oh, yeah, by the way, i love the 300 WM. loose about 200 fps to a RUM but burn only 68.5 gr of IMR 4350 and still hitting game out to 1300 yards and 5-700 feels like point blank. mild recoil, easy on the wallet and barrels and you can get ammo even in anatoovik pass alaska if need be.
beats a 22-250 with 130 HPs and kills big game with

This was very encouraging and inspiring. I have been shooting at 1000 for a while with my trusty Remington 700 VS .308 l/h and leupold MK4 4.5-14x40 ,now feeling like I want to try the mile and then mile and a half. Had a yen for a .338 Lapua but Economic reality reared its ugly head.
Have my old elk gun gettin dusty in the back of the safe, a Ruger M-77 left hand in 300 win mag wearing an older leupold VX2 3-9x40 .. Been reading up on the ballistics and watching similar feats on you tube.
Next step, ordering the ken Farrel steel picatinny rail, leupold Mk 4 8.5x25 x 50 ffp scope and rings, timney trigger and bell & carlson synthetic stock and a clamp on muzzle brake est .$1600 upgrade.
........ooorrrr, might try a cheaper approach with just Ruger 30 mm rings and Vortex Viper PST 6-24 ffp. (Est .$500 upgrade) prolly the more logical approach as I will not be using this gun a great deal.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.