to sell or keep my GA 338 lapua on a sako trg action

ericromb

i started with a m40a1 308 that i traded for the GA 338 because thought that the gun would not produce enough energy at 800-1000 yrds on big game such as elk and mule deer so thats why i traded the 308. now my promblem is that i dont reload and finding ammo is hard and pricy. i know that reloading is a big part but i dont have the time right now. so do i sell and go with a different cal.like 300 win mag or 300 wsm which ammo is more readily avail and match grade is also avial or do i suck it up and buy the ammo at $92 a box. please any suggestion or opinion would be very helpful.

thanks eric

THe price of ammo is to me one of the considerations in picking a caliber or rifle. Your not at a total loss, if you have a fiend who loads. IF so, pick out the components and work with them on just what your looking for in terms of velocity, and posibly between the two of you you can get somthing together that will enable you to enjoy your newly aquired rifle.

I am sure that there are some folks here who could toss a few load recommendations you way to help you narrow down the list of components and possibly choices.

mike/tx,
thanks my buddy i got it from sent me 40 rounds of his hand load that shoots very well i'm sure if i bugged him and send him the supplies he would probably do that for me. but i hate to rely on someone else for ammo.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.