Thoughts on remington 700 long range

There are a lot of rifles out there that don't start with "need a new trigger and stock and barrel". Get a Tikka, Bergara, etc. and you won't have to change anything.
Unfortunately they dont have the aftermarket support that Remington does. This build would eventually be a remage and begara even though it's a 700 foot print the tenon is not the same threads as the Remington so a remage is a no go for begara

Doesnt come in 7mm rem mag. I'm a 7mm guy and dont have alot of interest in a 300 winny
I own both... The .300WM is overrated, IMO. Now, you step up your game to a .30 Nosler, .300 Ackley, .300 RUM... Yeah, then that dog will hunt. But, as far as equal weight for caliber bullets, ballistically they are identical, but personally, I feel the 7mmRM beats the .300WM because of less recoil, faster MV, less drop, less drift, higher BC bullets for their weight-class, etc...

I agree, I've used a Bergara hmr and they have a quality stock, a decent trigger, the trigger and stock are interchangeable with 700s. No reason not to go with one. Plus they make one in 7rm

I own both... The .300WM is overrated, IMO. Now, you step up your game to a .30 Nosler, .300 Ackley, .300 RUM... Yeah, then that dog will hunt. But, as far as equal weight for caliber bullets, ballistically they are identical, but personally, I feel the 7mmRM beats the .300WM because of less recoil, faster MV, less drop, less drift, higher BC bullets for their weight-class, etc...
I concur. I've literally spent hours running calculations. My father just got a begara hmr in 300 win mag. We havent shot it much yet but we'll see how it shoots very soon.

I agree, I've used a Bergara hmr and they have a quality stock, a decent trigger, the trigger and stock are interchangeable with 700s. No reason not to go with one. Plus they make one in 7rm
Except for that firing pin carbon buildup issue when shooting suppressed that they had a couple years ago, and that short-chambering issue they had very recently...

Oh wait, my apologies, we're only supposed to make fun of Remington because it's fashionable. My bad... :rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.