Thoughts on 7-08 AI

I have a Hart # 5 18" in 284 will sell. It was first a 7-08 which was a real sled opened up to 284 worked very nice. The short barrel length didnt affect anything. Using the sierra 120 and speer 115 good vel. and accurate. Very nice for Pa. woods. Fitted for Rem action.
Mike

+1 for 7mm-08

I used this load for a Mule Deer/Antelope hunt several years ago in Wy. Gun is a Rem. Mtn. rifle, pencil thin barrel. Rem. case, 45.2gr IMR 4064, Hornady 139gr SST, CCI250 primer.

I checked for pressure signs all through load developement and were fine with THIS GUN.

Here are the results:

SD 10.0
MAD 7.4
ES 26.6
Avg. fps 2978 OAL 2.771
I appreciate the load data and will keep it for the future. Right now I have a couple of pounds of IMR 3031 and think the load data that I found calls for 26.5 grains pushing 300 fps slower than what you have there with a 140 grain bullet. I'm going to try to work out a good load using my stock powder before purchasing a different powder. I also found a load using H414 and I think H4198 and I some of both, I just need to see which one I can torque the most and still hold within a quarter dollar.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.