This Wasnt Even Supposed to Be A Hunt!!!

7mmRemMag

I went out to shoot at the 500 and 600 yard target out at our lease, at our long range set up. And look what stepped out into the shooting lane! I passed him up to my buddy stric9 because I already shot a 10 pointer early last week. He was asleep in the truck and I actually debated it for a few seconds or so.... But I decided to wake him up and he did a heck of a shot! 300 yards placed that 7mm Rem Mag Berger VLD right in that bucks chest and dropped him dead after a short 20 yard run.

What do you all think? Would you have woke him up? LOL
All I have to say is that its not often a buck comes into your long range setup. But he had to follow that doe! lol Big mistake for him! We will remember this one for a long time!

Here are some of the pictures.....

IMG_063.jpg

Stric9 and His Kill

IMG_084.jpg

Stric9 and the future hunter

IMG_062.jpg

I had to get a picture with this awesome buck.

Thats a nice buck, theres room on my wall for one of those

LOL! That's what I said when we drove down range to recover the buck! Especially after seeing him. There was no ground shrinkage on this one, and the pictures don't do this buck justice because there is a lot of character in those antlers.

Nice looking buck.
I am going to shoot one off my range this year, if the right one steps out. I shoot here everyday and until deer season started most days I was shooting over the backs of deer. They have learned to ignore the sound of gun fire and of the little toyota driving down to the target.

Nice looking buck.
I am going to shoot one off my range this year, if the right one steps out. I shoot here everyday and until deer season started most days I was shooting over the backs of deer. They have learned to ignore the sound of gun fire and of the little toyota driving down to the target.

Thats definately a good thing when it comes to hunting cause it make things a little easier when their not so spooked. I forgot to mention that this buck had already been shot at. He had a flesh wound from a bullet that grazed the back of his neck.

That's a nice buck!!! Yes I would have woke my buddy up. I have to wake up Jimbo300 every time we go hunting. LOL

Good going!

I know I would have also waken him up.

You did what a good friend would do!

I've had a similar dilema most of this season. I've killed five deer this year including a big eight point. My cousin (on who's land I hunt) hasn't killed one yet. So I've been working hard to get a deer in front of him. If that big buck stepped out, I would have to wake him up.

That's what friends are for. I'm going to be spending new years out at the ranch. Another property my dad owns in a different county, hopefully I will be rewarded with a trophy out there! LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.