The Raptors are ready!!!!

Kirby,

How does the first batch look? Also, I'm curious on the desired barrel diameter for the Raptor. Is 1.5" too much? Thanks.

SAPPER26

No, we looked into that and production cost would go up dramatically on this large of a receiver and I did not want that. Final receiver cost would have been in that $1700 to $1800 range instead of $1400. With the six 8-40 mounting screws and triple pinned to the receiver I am pretty confident you could never make this rail slip under recoil or negative G-forces. Again, its over designed in every area including the rail base attachment.

No, we looked into that and production cost would go up dramatically on this large of a receiver and I did not want that. Final receiver cost would have been in that $1700 to $1800 range instead of $1400. With the six 8-40 mounting screws and triple pinned to the receiver I am pretty confident you could never make this rail slip under recoil or negative G-forces. Again, its over designed in every area including the rail base attachment.

I figured something along those lines. Now all we need is a floating bolt design so we can screw on our tubes from home :D

1.350" is max diameter of the Raptor receiver so thats about the largest barrel shank you should use with a conventional bedding design. I guess you could go to a 1.5" or larger and eliminate the recoil lug, the barrel would function as its own recoil lug!!! Would not look very good though.

1.350" is the diameter of the Raptor LRSS barrel shank and 1.250" is the diameter of the Raptor Stalker barrel shank.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.